Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Hey blitz I think u messed up on that link
I am using 90/90/10 front and 130/70/10 rear kenda 413 tires so far so good don't expect to race or get some crazy lean angles with them but on the road there great

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
hmm it worked when i first did it, i typed x18 tires into the search box and a bunch of threads came up that already went over this plenty

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Maybe it my phone it just brings me back to this thread
And they are a bit taller the front is tall enough that you need to move the front fender up a screw hole and the back is a bit taller but much better ride

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The stock rear tire is big enough, the front is to low and too small. I got a 100 x 80 x 10" Shinko Golden Boy rear scooter tire, road legal, 62mph rated for $30.23 and $16.11 S/H, $46.34 to my door. Wholesale-Cycles, online.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I used all the oem parts, but you have to move the fender up and mount the bottom to the top hole on the fork to raise it. I would put a tube in it if you can, it's tubeless and I polished the inside if the rim and had a tire place put it on & it still leaks where it seals or the valve that I should have replaced and it's a slow leak so I put tire sealer in it and it stopped.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My X18 still has the stock tire which works real good on the road. If I change it, it will be another 50 low profile series tire, that is the height of the tire. I put a taller front cause I put a 1" longer rear shock made from a $30 BMX bicycle shock and a 6" dirt bike shock spring I got online for $10. It was on the bike till I found the bike shock a ChaserTech online. The taller the tire is the more it bends in the corners, I'm on a mountain hwy, 35 to 45 MPH. Most of the time I am wide open. I have 15/28 gears on it now w/ a PBU billet alum rear gear, very high, stock was 17/38.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.