Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I wanted to know what's the biggest horizontal engine I can find besides a 212cc motor. Powersportsusa used to build 250cc horizontal motors and I wanted to atleast do a 250cc or bigger. Any suggestions

Peace and Love all

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of honda motor is a 212cc or bigger. Def a 4 stroke. I'm okay with pricing I had these bad boys since 9th grade and wanna do something crazy to them. Can you bore the 212cc motors to?

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
I personally haven't seen those motors. Are you thinking more direct bolt in???
Or some modifying to put something different in? Almost anything can be made to fit with fabrication.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If direct bolt in that's okay and perfect.If I half to modify a bit to get it set with fairings on it is a must have with fairings on tho. That's the picture of it but the head looks kinda big tho it's a 350cc ss version

· Registered
1,728 Posts
That would be one of the easier ones to fit in there I would think. You might have to build plates to mount from the frame to the engine. Depending on how that engine mounts.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
I have personally never owned a super bike. I would believe it would, but unfortunately until you try it out for yourself you won't know. I don't know how many people on here have actually done a swap like that

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think after researching that 350cc motor is super super old and I think ima go with the 212cc's until I cam find something bigger and do a weld job with plastics. I will see what I can do with the 212's but I'm wondering what type of shocks yall are using for the X18's because I need something different yall and were the brackets are at for them.

Thank yall so much I will update pics as I'm working on them

· Registered
7 Posts
I think after researching that 350cc motor is super super old and I think ima go with the 212cc's until I cam find something bigger and do a weld job with plastics. I will see what I can do with the 212's but I'm wondering what type of shocks yall are using for the X18's because I need something different yall and were the brackets are at for them.

Thank yall so much I will update pics as I'm working on them
The x18's and many of the bikes that use. The 5 or 6 inch shocks or less. You're really gonna have a hard time finding something decent to fit.
Search for MTB shocks. You might get lucky and find a good one these days. But make sure your stock spring. Will be able to work with it. You're gonna need the stock spring.
Also they make a 220cc bbk for the zs and anima190cc. Looks to be hard to find though.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the info y'all. Do anyone on here make custom rear shocks for the X18 I would be willing to buy 2 for the two bikes I have. S2Wheels I'm gonna look into the 220cc motors now I just want the biggest I can find with fairings on

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for all the info y'all. Do anyone on here make custom rear shocks for the X18 I would be willing to buy 2 for the two bikes I have. S2Wheels I'm gonna look into the 220cc motors now I just want the biggest I can find with fairings on
Yes the 220 will fit fairings on and bolt right in.
If my memory serves me, there's a company ussa or yss that made custom MTB shocks.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't seem to find them anywhere. I found the finbro 235cc but they hard to find as well. Teampowersports used to have a 250cc motor for $600.00 man I should have gotten one a longggg time ago when they had them in. Can you bore the zongshen 212cc or it's maxed out already I know it was a 190cc but just gotta ask.

· Registered
7 Posts
I can't seem to find them anywhere. I found the finbro 235cc but they hard to find as well. Teampowersports used to have a 250cc motor for $600.00 man I should have gotten one a longggg time ago when they had them in. Can you bore the zongshen 212cc or it's maxed out already I know it was a 190cc but just gotta ask.
Yes it can be bored out. Since the 220cc bbk fits the ZS190 and the anima 190.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts