Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just bought this watercooled bike, no idea type or anything so any information would be great!
9D931AB5-76A7-4ED3-A3B2-6CD5360968D0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Wow that bike. Did someone really take a REP water cooled pocket bike engine and swap it onto a Cagllari Daytona if this is the case the builder was definitely a madman lol looks like one wild ride to me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha no idea the engine says hx on it! I have it stripped down now engine out ect, havent opened up the engine but by looking in the plug hole id say the bore is worn probly ran very lean, im going to tidy up the frame tomorrow and paint it, then put it back together! I paid €150 for this and an aircooled 40cc i think the engine is tiny compared to the watercooled

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
I wouldn't take that bike up past 35 mph I'd be really careful those mechanical Cagllari Daytona brakes are worthless and the fork deflection I mean they could bend going any faster than that lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool looks very like the elite you mentioned, should that engine have a reed valve thing? Mine doesnt appear to anyway, something i can retrofit maybe?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Every engine part from Blata will fit, only waterpump is different. Blata have a toothed ring and the replica a normal o ring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a couple of pictures of the engine, it looks like waterpump is shot there is lot of grease near it? where in Europe is good to buy parts for this engine? I might try bench start it tomorrow see if it starts hasnt ran in two years! Is the fuel ratio 32.5/1 on watercooled?

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think it's better to make a complete rebuild on this engine.
1:33 mix is for Blata and Blata replica.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that, i will see if it runs maybe today if i am motivated! i was looking for rebuild kit but only see ones without cylinder. Any idea where parts can be gotten? I dont want to strip the engine before i know i can get parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts