Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm going to purchase another pocket bike.

But I don't what model this is.
Somebody can help me out?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright.
But the piston port engine are more powerful than the cag engine?
I will most probably disassemble the engine and start tuning it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one that i will purchase does not start.
But I suppose it's just a new sparkplug, dirty carburetor, broken membrane in carburetor or just need to disconnect the ignition, he has no key.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
I think it's just because the bike is so much bigger and heavier my CAG womps on my X7 like I said it's still really fun and much more comfortable to ride.

Back in the day guys used to do the 50cc pit bike engine swap then you can rap it out and dump the clutch all that fun stuff I believe the 50cc just barely fits in with minor modifications.

I'm not that into it I'm just going to keep my Mitsubishi clone piston ported engine and my quiet stock exhaust I just use mine for motorcycle swap meats campouts and stuff like that where it's big enough to get the respect of a mini bike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok.
I've got a X7 frame four-stroke.
But no engine. So i thought I getting this one with the piston port engine.
Will get some porting on the cylinder and engine cases.
The size is the reason I buying this.
The cagllari size don't fit me so well.
I'm quite tall. And with no suspension it's a deathtrap on uneven surfaces.
I crashed it once. After that I'm not using the cagllari size pocket bike I've got.
But going to put an engine on the cagllari size bike to and then sell it.

Then I've got the hobbit sport pocket bike.
It's pretty good but the frame don't allow to just put a exhaust easy on it and stock exhaust is worse than using a straight pipe 😂

So I'm thinking this X7 with piston port engine can be good with some porting and maybe a full circle crank and 44mm piston.
I don't know if it's 40 or 44mm on it stock.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
The 40mm Mitsubishi clone has a orange plastic cover the 44mm will be gray or black.

You could combine the four-stroke X8 frame with the two-stroke then look for a good used running pit bike engine or even get a new 140cc piranha that would probably be pretty insane to the point where you would not be able to use all the power lol just hold on to that x8 frame for a future fun project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts