Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Something is still not quite right. I seem to remember that you reciently installed a Big Bore Kit. Are you sure that you sealed the cylinder to the case. An air leak, as mentioned previously, will also cause similar issues. Try the carb cleaner trick, but, don't over do it!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How do I seal the cylinder to the case and whats the carb cleaner trick I mean I have some carb cleaner but what do I do.:confused::(

·
Registered
307 Posts
The insanely thin copper gasket that came with th kit can't really make a great seal against a split case with poor machining tolerances. Use a good 'high temp' silicone gasket maker to make the seal.

The "carb cleaner trick' is an old mechanics trick. With the engine running at idle, make a few short squirts of the carb cleaner onto any areas you suspect might be leaking. The cleaner is very flamable and if you hit a leaking spot the engine will rev up. If it doesn't rev up after checking the carb gaskets, cylinder base, etc then you don't have any leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your mixture is way too lean. Don't keep running it until you richen it up or you will melt the little piston right out of it! Bigger bore needs more fuel!

The best way would be to rejet with a jet kit, but, you could try adjusting the c-clip on the needle first. Most of the carbs come with the clip in the center position; try moving the clip down one or two notches and see if that helps. If it is still too lean, then replacing the main jet is your only option.
hey brother...I dont know if this thread is still open but I just tried that on my X6 and riped my right elbo off. Im sure it has some to do with my peice of crap of a half a pocket bike but wow did it take off.my choke cable is broken so i had to reachdown and hold it closed to start it. When it stated it run very fast and very good but i couldnt get it to stop. i broke my my gas cover, thouhtle controle, riped off my elbow and along with some other road rash I broke my pride as a passer by seen my take a hell of a spill. just thought id tell you the story. message me if youd like. Incredably brave but stupid, WesMooreTCB

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
LOL LOL LOL LOL thats funny!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
. o O (Guess he'll be getting that choke lever fixed ...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bin that carb and buy a dellorto sha14.14 carb, it will suit the big bore kit better, install fibreglass or carbon Reeds whilst your at it

·
Registered
27 Posts

You'll need a manifold and gaskets too, easy to find mate just Google it, I would avoid the cheap copy's as they always snap off leaving you stuck.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.