Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a mini ninja im not sure of the name ill put a picture up soon i just need to know y it doesnt start it still new i recently put the new throttle cable took the push start button put a new one but just not connected yet i charged the battery is fully charged i put the key and the bike doesnt start up no lights or anything all wires are put together just not the push start...can someone tell me what else is there to do im thinking i need a new battery or a wire isnt put in correctly any help???

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
If you upload one to photobucket and copy / paste the web link they give you it should work, (photobucket is free!)

Just use the little insert image button right above the top line of text in the post window...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
so i found out the bike has no electrcity at all the battery is bad i try starting it with my car battery and nothing no spark in the plug or anything. do i have to take the motor out and check everything again heres a pic of my bike

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Your bike doesnt need a battery to create a spark.............Thats the job of the magneto and pickup coil.........As the magnets pass and attract to the coil posts it generates a pulse that makes the coil spark..........

Does your bike look like this one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know i dont need the battery for the spark and stuff but the battery got tested and it came out bad i just put a pic of it now and nick ill check that out right now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im doing this now i gotta measure the gap or something? im just getting the use of this

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
#3 Rust free aswell............Rust hinders spark...........Have you looked at rust under a magnifying glass?............It grows up and out like rusty fingers...........That fur of rust glances the pickup coil and it acts like a kill switch...............

To gap the coil correctly you use a business card thats .020" thick and place it on the magnets,,,add the coil ,,theyll attract,,tighten the coil body screws and remove the business card............Makle sure the card you use is a true .020",,,Laserjet business cards are .010" thick.......

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Does it start now? If not.;-Spray a lil starting fluid into the carb and pull it...If it starts you have a fuelling issue......

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
the magnet is sticking to the bike now, it wasnt before, should it work now

NOOOOOOO ooo ooo ooo ooo :D

Close, but make sure the engine can turn over 360 degrees without the coil and flywheel actually touching,
when the engine is running, they can not be smacking into each other.

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea it goes 360 lol i made sure everything is good ima try carb fluid i just cleaned it too soo let see what happens now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i put carb fluid nothing everything seems fine i guess ima have to pull millions of times to get it running

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i tryed that to the bike just doesnt turn on lol ill check it out step by step again keep u updated

1 - 20 of 31 Posts