Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello pbp community ,
I am wondering if it would be worth the extra flow and even maybe let the reeds open wider, to blueprint or flow port the part where the reed cage meets the intake of the crank. Pics show a cliff on top and bottom and also i side we see on the sides some restriction in pic number 2 . The only thing that is making me hesitate is the extra crank volume i would be adding by removing the material.
Bicycle part Auto part Rim Bicycle drivetrain part Metal
Automotive lighting Bumper Gas Gadget Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Material property Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Any smoothing you can do for better flow path, with limited material removed will almost always net a great result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any smoothing you can do for better flow path, with limited material removed will almost always net a great result.
My point exactly, do you think the material that I would have to remove would overweigh its benefits?
I will have a fcc in there so at least the case is getting stuffed on the other hand

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hard to tell exactly from the pics but, I think if you keep it simple you should be fine especially with the FCC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone suggested jb weld to make a smoother transition within the case, i dont hate the idea, plus it would stuff the case even more. I kinda prefer just shaving off the spacer but they also pointed out that the spacer itself adds a good amount of case volume.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Not right and not wrong. At that point you are stuffing the case with a FCC then kind of adding the volume back with the spacer. You do what you want to do but if it was mine I would just massage all of the sharp edges for a smooth transition and not add J-B Weld. That's just me, you could try whatever you want it is your engine. Because with the spacer and fcc you were kind of back to square one and back where I would start removing some material.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts