Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a Blata 2.5, the lower / front fairing assembly, aside from the two bolts on either side, is there any other hardware that keeps the fairing in place and prevents it from moving? The issue I’m having is that the front wheel is rubbing the lower V section of the fairing. This can’t be normal. Any input, suggestions or advice would greatly be appreciated.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
On a Blata 2.5, the lower / front fairing assembly, aside from the two bolts on either side, is there any other hardware that keeps the fairing in place and prevents it from moving? The issue I’m having is that the front wheel is rubbing the lower V section of the fairing. This can’t be normal. Any input, suggestions or advice would greatly be appreciated.
Are you sure your forks aren't bent?

Have you checked the steering neck bearings?

If they're straight you may have to add brackets to stiffen it...

There should be two small plates the fairing screws screw into..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two mounts that extend off the frame are there, and nothing, including the front forks, appears to be bent or out of spec. The neck bearings are clean, smooth and do not exhibit any abnormal play. I confirmed the tires are original and the correct size (3.00-4), thinking perhaps they may have been swapped out with a larger size, if that’s even possible.

The only solution I can come up with, to keep the fairing from sliding up and down, is to tighten the hell out of those two upper bolts, but that just doesn’t feel right. A few bumps, and there’s no doubt the fairing will make contact with the wheel again.

I could fab a little tab and mount it to the belly pan area, and that will solve the problem, but I’m perplexed as to why one is not already there. To all you Blata 2.5 owners, is your fairing staying put and not moving with just the two upper bolts on either side?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You could turn the fork tubes around 180 degrees like I did on my Polini910, it will move the front wheel forward at least an inch, problem solved. It makes the bike longer which is a plus for me. See if I have a photo??

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The two mounts that extend off the frame are there, and nothing, including the front forks, appears to be bent or out of spec. The neck bearings are clean, smooth and do not exhibit any abnormal play. I confirmed the tires are original and the correct size (3.00-4), thinking perhaps they may have been swapped out with a larger size, if that’s even possible.

The only solution I can come up with, to keep the fairing from sliding up and down, is to tighten the hell out of those two upper bolts, but that just doesn’t feel right. A few bumps, and there’s no doubt the fairing will make contact with the wheel again.

I could fab a little tab and mount it to the belly pan area, and that will solve the problem, but I’m perplexed as to why one is not already there. To all you Blata 2.5 owners, is your fairing staying put and not moving with just the two upper bolts on either side?
My Blata 2.5 never had a problem with the bodywork moving at all....

The front tire was like 1/2" away from the body and never touched

To check the forks you remove the front tire then you loosen the tubes and spin them in the clamps while using the bench edge as a guide....It just takes a lil head-on tap with a curb to bend the forks and be un-noticeable..

In the back near the tail there should be a welded tab bent 90 degrees with a TEE shaped like a VEE on the end to add a couple screws to hold the tail up where its melded together...you may need to make one and attach it under the motor plate or weld it on..

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts