Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions for today. after 2 months of work and replacements i have my 2.5 running perfect. However i am a size 12 in mens US and im finding that the peg on the starter side is simply too small for my feet to be comfortable. would longer pegs be possible to fit and if so, where could i purchase some? Second question is that i am wondering how difficult it would be to change the rear sprocket for one that is slightly smaller? It tops out at around 27 mph and i was aiming for a little more top end. and would finding a sprocket of such size be easy to find aswell?

Registered
changing a sprocket is a piece of cake.order what tooth size you desire and jump right in馃檶 ..id rig up a cheap extention for that peg might even end up having to,id say search the web for it first.

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Just be careful how long you make the footpegs, when you lean to take a turn you could hit the pegs. That can drag you to the ground fast. I found the aluminium ones on ebay are nice. I only have my heal on them when I ride.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
changing a sprocket is a piece of cake.order what tooth size you desire and jump right in馃檶 ..id rig up a cheap extention for that peg might even end up having to,id say search the web for it first.
cool, the stock gearing is 7/60 correct? i don鈥檛 feel like going out and checking

Registered
I would not put on longer foot pegs. Ruins the handling, you'll scrape the pegs and crash. Adjust how you place your feet on the pegs. Your feet should be angled in with the outside of your foot resting on the pegs.

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
I would not put on longer foot pegs. Ruins the handling, you'll scrape the pegs and crash. Adjust how you place your feet on the pegs. Your feet should be angled in with the outside of your foot resting on the pegs.
Definitely the right way to ride, but for me unfortunately my ankles will not allow that after years of sports. I use my heels and my toes sometimes lightly scrape the ground, but it works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts