Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Blata 2.5 wont start. I was driving and it just stopped. I relaced Coil, And Carb Bought from Blata USA. No junk. Then Found out it was a REED. Then it ran fine for a short time. Reed Broke again. I ordered 2 reeds. and accidently installed BOTH reeds. I drove a mile with it running fine. Then it stopped. found I installed 2 reeds, Removed 1 and NOW IT WONT START. I have compression. I have spark. I cleaned the carb. If I put starting fluid in spark plug, It will TRY to start. If i spray starting fluid directly in carb, nothing. I checked compression and its strong. But I feel no suction when i put my finger over intake and pull cord. ANY IDEAS??? [email protected]

·
Registered
724 Posts
if running the stock jet you must leave the metal screen and black plastic piece on the carb . atleast this was the case with mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure of what You're talking about. Where exactly does it go? It cant really keep it from running as per It ran for a short time with 2 reeds. I'm totally baffled. I have compression, and spark. Carb, cleaned and new. Its got to be in this reed. I clled Blata USA. Hes stumped. He said there are 2 o rings on each side of motor. Possiblly bad. But I have good compression . I dont get it. I pulled cord 20 times and held my finger over spark plug hole and finger was dry. But if I spray starting fluid directly into carb, It will not try to start. It will try to start if i spray into spark plug hole. Its got to be inthis reed. But its new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does ANYONE have any other answers????? I pulled carb off today. Blew out all orifices with Carb cleaner. Put on the other NEW reed. Still Wont start. It wants to start with starting fluid in spark plug hole

·
Registered
691 Posts
first it would get a compresson tester make sure its got compresson. you also need to check the gaseket in between the reed block and the case then the reed block and the carb. a leak there could keep it from sucking fuel but if it did not hit over with starter fluild I would check the ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts