Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can find hop up parts for my blata? i have found very few places and would really like to be steered in the right direction of what to buy. Thanks in advance SHANKIN

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
from what i understand the blata pipes are pretty good from the factory, some ppl modify them for the cags. i have the stock pipe still on my elite no reason to change it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obpr said:
from what i understand the blata pipes are pretty good from the factory, some ppl modify them for the cags. i have the stock pipe still on my elite no reason to change it
Thanks again. I will be sure to give him a buzz this week. Do you know how much each stage pics it up?

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
np and im not to sure what each stage gives performance wise but the stage 1 is to improve mid range and torque

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was talking with Frank at the SEPRA race in Jacksonville yesterday, he said he'd be back home late Monday night, possibly Tuesday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oldster said:
I was talking with Frank at the SEPRA race in Jacksonville yesterday, he said he'd be back home late Monday night, possibly Tuesday.
I just found uspocketbikes.com and they have all the motor mods for 2.5

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Spending upwards of $500 in performance on a Minimoto that still won't achieve the "umph" of any Polini powered 4.2 seems a bit pointless and/or excessive considering that there is no real racing class for the Bluebird powered Blata unless you're part of SEPRA, especially with exstensive modifications.

By all means, work with what you have, but keep in mind, the real power lies in something / anything Polini powered.

Cheers

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
MinimotoPilot said:
Spending upwards of $500 in performance on a Minimoto that still won't achieve the "umph" of any Polini powered 4.2 seems a bit pointless and/or excessive considering that there is no real racing class for the Bluebird powered Blata, especially with exstensive modifications.

By all means, work with what you have, but keep in mind, the real power lies in something / anything Polini powered.

Cheers
he wasn't asking an opinion as to if its worth it, and logically a 2.5 could run with the cag class, their is nothing wrong with blata powered bikes, my elite13's motor runs great, this is the blata forum most ppl in here have blata powered bikes, some that will give a polini powered bike a run for its money

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Obpr said:
he wasn't asking an opinion as to if its worth it, , their is nothing wrong with blata powered bikes,
With all due respect, what in the world are you talking about and when did I say there was something the matter with Blata's? My very first Minimoto was an Elite 13AR (Air-Racer) and it was a great Minimoto, hands down.

We're talking about 2.5's here and the fact is, the 2.5 is not a Blata powered Minimoto. They have Bluebird engines.

Had you taken a second to look at my list of Minimoto's, you would have noticed that I own a Blata. In fact, a Blata 2.5, which I've had for over two years, so I feel more than qualified to offer insight and/or an opinion on the topic.

My approach to this was from a racing perspective and like I said, what can you do with a Giannini tuned 2.5 other than buzz up and down the street?

Race legal and substancial upgrades would be the Dell'Orto SHA 14/14 carburetor, the current and significantly improved 2004 2.5 exhaust and a Stage I upgrade, which consists of a K&N style filter, racing clutch springs and fatter jet. IMO, nothing more than this is really needed for the 2.5 powerplant.

My reference to real power lying within a Polini powered Minimoto was based on price, not a Blata versus Polini comparasin. Meaning, a great step up from the moderately priced Blata 2.5, would be a moderately priced Polini 4.2 Minimoto. Not everyone can afford to jump into the Elite series Minimoto's.

and logically a 2.5 could run with the cag class
My son will be racing that Class on the 2.5, so I am very well aware of this.

my elite13's motor runs great, this is the blata forum most ppl in here have blata powered bikes, some that will give a polini powered bike a run for its money
No kidding. :rolleyes:

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
granted i wouldn't mod up a 2.5, i just felt your post seemed lil negative to what he wanted to do, if you post something similar in the cag forum ppl go nuts, all he wanted to know was where to get the parts.

as far as the polini recomendation well now i see where your coming from with the price. some ppl underestimate blatas motors and swear by the polinis

i wish you and your son the best of luck racing:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts