Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade from my chinese Cag to a secondhand elite r14. Wanting advice please..... Are these a good bike? Are they fast with 10hp? Is the air cooled motor as good as a water cooled one? Thankyou

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good bike, with good power. The biggest problem of the air-cooled engine is the heat. As cooler it runs as better it is.
Most adult riders that I know run the phva 17,5mm carb instead the origin 14mm carb to get the engine cooler.
But remember the elite is a "mini" and really small for an adult rider.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
555 Posts
Also remember anything that is water cooled requires more maintenance. I do a lot of snowmobile work, the fan cooled or air cooled require a quarter of the work/parts (maintenance) that a water cooled one needs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Water cooled make more hp and last longer, I use waterless coolant, no rust. I don't like Blata W/C because they have an internal water pump thats hard to replace, buy the time you find out its not working the engine is Toast, maybe an air cooled. I would look for a Polini A/C or W/C bike. Or a BZM water cooled engine bike. I put a pump off the clutch housing so I can see if it turning. I have a bunch of different engines and bikes

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good bike, with good power. The biggest problem of the air-cooled engine is the heat. As cooler it runs as better it is.
Most adult riders that I know run the phva 17,5mm carb instead the origin 14mm carb to get the engine cooler.
But remember the elite is a "mini" and really small for an adult rider.
You are all about the carbs aren’t you? Oh that’s great but some of these people are looking for a little bit more information than just putting a 14/14 carb on or a 17.5 mm carb or whatever.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You are all about the carbs aren’t you? Oh that’s great but some of these people are looking for a little bit more information than just putting a 14/14 carb on or a 17.5 mm carb or whatever.
What info do you need??
You only have to ask.

·
Registered
368 Posts
With a little skill, you can make a 16 or 19mm Walbro pumper card fit where your Dell is. I put a 19mm HDA223B purge carb on my 50cc C1 Blata Clone Water cooled engine. It has 2 spring loaded screws on the side, keep a tiny screwdriver in your pocket for tuning, its a No Brainer. I have two real Dells, a 14/14mm SHA, 15mm PHBG piston carb., the latter is a nightmare. You have 2 jets, a pilot and main, mounted to 2 atomizer tubes, and then main and pilot jets, all of them have 100 choices, which do you use?? Its mind boggling, need a Carb tuner to keep it tuned, every 10 degrees to adjust the carb.
On mine you need a small screwdriver, lol.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts