Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade from my chinese Cag to a secondhand elite r14. Wanting advice please..... Are these a good bike? Are they fast with 10hp? Is the air cooled motor as good as a water cooled one? Thankyou

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good bike, with good power. The biggest problem of the air-cooled engine is the heat. As cooler it runs as better it is.
Most adult riders that I know run the phva 17,5mm carb instead the origin 14mm carb to get the engine cooler.
But remember the elite is a "mini" and really small for an adult rider.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,083 Posts
Also remember anything that is water cooled requires more maintenance. I do a lot of snowmobile work, the fan cooled or air cooled require a quarter of the work/parts (maintenance) that a water cooled one needs.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Water cooled make more hp and last longer, I use waterless coolant, no rust. I don't like Blata W/C because they have an internal water pump thats hard to replace, buy the time you find out its not working the engine is Toast, maybe an air cooled. I would look for a Polini A/C or W/C bike. Or a BZM water cooled engine bike. I put a pump off the clutch housing so I can see if it turning. I have a bunch of different engines and bikes

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good bike, with good power. The biggest problem of the air-cooled engine is the heat. As cooler it runs as better it is.
Most adult riders that I know run the phva 17,5mm carb instead the origin 14mm carb to get the engine cooler.
You are all about the carbs aren’t you? Oh that’s great but some of these people are looking for a little bit more information than just putting a 14/14 carb on or a 17.5 mm carb or whatever.

·
Banned
380 Posts
With a little skill, you can make a 16 or 19mm Walbro pumper card fit where your Dell is. I put a 19mm HDA223B purge carb on my 50cc C1 Blata Clone Water cooled engine. It has 2 spring loaded screws on the side, keep a tiny screwdriver in your pocket for tuning, its a No Brainer. I have two real Dells, a 14/14mm SHA, 15mm PHBG piston carb., the latter is a nightmare. You have 2 jets, a pilot and main, mounted to 2 atomizer tubes, and then main and pilot jets, all of them have 100 choices, which do you use?? Its mind boggling, need a Carb tuner to keep it tuned, every 10 degrees to adjust the carb.
On mine you need a small screwdriver, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but i thought pocket bikes came in a standard size 🤔

·
Super Moderator
3,330 Posts
Be careful though because the mini class in the US is actually gromes...

But most pocket bike racing is done on go-kart tracks if their insurance allows for running two wheelers.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,083 Posts
You can call them mini but there is definitely in between and 8 inch difference in the same ones, cag style. I literally have measured about 20, about 4 different sizes roughly 2inches apart. Crazy.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I take about bikes that are homologatet and allowed for different championships in Europe, not about the Cag China bikes.
The homologatet bikes have a defined high, length and wide. And these measures are definat in a regulation book of the different championships.
And there are two classes of bike size the mini and the midi.
Bikes like Blata Elite, Polini 910 or GRC RX are minis. Bikes like Blata B1, Polini 911 and GRC RR or DM Gp1 are midis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts