Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
looking for advice on my watercooled engine, i cleaned the carb, checked for spark and refitted it. Put some fresh fuel in and tryed to start it, the pull start is broken so used a cordless drill to swing engine.

on the initial go it gave a very slight try to start for a second, after that nothing pulled plug was dryish, thought it wasnt getting fuel but then saw carb bowl was weaping so must be getting some, i put a drop in down the throat of carb nothing happend, tryed plug hole aswell nothing.

the engine would appear to have compression but dont think theres alot compared to my cag engine. The cag had a good bit more resistance.

to add to the confusion the bottom radiator hose filled up with fuel so my guess would be theres a problem think it might have been ran without water by previous owner, so probably overheated.

im new these little engines so could someone break down what i will need for a rebuild and where to get parts!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tore down the last night, here are some pics! There didn't appear to be too much play in piston at tdc but small engine so yeah i might be wrong.

Questions
What do i use to seal the top cap a standard rubber o-ring? Theres two seals.

the barrel doesnt look too bad but im not 100% sure but piston definitely has wear and ring on exhaust side check pic!

where can i get a new piston and ring? New Barrell if needed?

The head gasket was gone on exhaust side can i use any gasket paper the squashed gasket measured 1.2mm so i guess it would have been a lil thicker?

do i need to split the casing to change waterpump bearing?

thats all i can think of right now any information would be great

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
No it's not a origin and there are two piece head you have to press the dome out there is a third o ring in the head.

Yes you must splitt the case to repair the waterpump.

Yes the piston is dead. It's from the bridge of the exhaustport,very hot on this point. Normally there are holes in the piston to cool the bridge better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok ill take your word for it as im not going to try press it out to find out lol. Im not sure if ill split the case just yet i put some grease into the bearing tho might help i put some water into the block and it didnt seem to leak i know without some pressure and heat its not 100% guarantee to not leak.

i think my cylinder is dead there us some chips and stuff also very smooth no cross hatching. Dont think it can be rehoned to accept just piston kit which is much cheaper than a repair kit with piston, ring, cylinder, gaskets, wrist pin. Its on ebay but in the usa i tried to order it but something not right as wouldnt let me pay i messaged.

Parts are hard to find i need pull starter recoil spring or full unit! Or permanently keep cordless drill to hand

·
Registered
432 Posts
You can pm me for parts. I can order them from my supplier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts