Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

been a while waiting for parts from china for my blata rep but most have come now and i want to fire up this bee!

right now when i fill up my coolant tank, it seems to just come out the pipe on the radiator if the bike is anything but level or tipped to the opposite side of said pipe, if i tip it in the direction of the pipe it leaves coolant out! This is while its not running btw so i can only assume while running the waterpump might push more out

why is this happening? Should this pipe be capped? I stuck a bolt in in for now to stop it marking its territory everywhere in my house

Ive tried leaving some air out of the bleed screw on the top hose but didnt change,

what do i do now?

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Should be flow back to water bottle. Or closed after filling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no nipple on the water bottle anyway so i guess its probably faulty, is it some sort of relief valve?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The cooling would work better with the line to the bottle and it would be easyer to get all the air out of the cooling system.
I've used a old valve from a Tyre on a short hose, so you can push the valv when filling the system to let the air out.
You can also take a m5 screw and drill a hole through the complete screw and take it as a nipple.

The first /early models with the copper radiator don't have this line, but it was always a problem with boiling water after 5min.
IMG_20210107_162800.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks chrisi ill try sort that out in the near future! I rode the bike today for the first time! But its clutch let go sadly but i knew there would be a lot of niggles the bike wasnt used in 10+ years. Also my chain is bent not sure if it always was or maybe because it came off on me twice. Do you know what type of chain and sprocket i need? I have the clutch found.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Chain is nr. 25H, I would recommend you a genuined Blata, zocchi or BZM 3 shoe clutch, all the replica clutches are not worth to buy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The chain is 25h it was printed on the link if dumbass here looked lol they supplier of the piston kit has them ill see the price of both and decide, i must figure out the chain length as my adjusters are at maximum not sure if just chain streched or if it was always a bit long. I don't think i need sprockets but i might get them anyway try and get the bike somewhere near reliable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts