Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new cag with a velcity stack and UFO air filter and want to get more parts for extra speed I also got a 60 tooth sprocket and was wonder if a boost bottle with NOS is worth the money??

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
No it isnt;-its more of a novelty that lasts all of 3-5 seconds.............Youll get better performance from removing the basegasket and yamabonding the head to the case direct,,rocket key,,chopped flywheel,,lighetned/modded clutches ,, perf exhaust or modding the stock one,,hp wire mod,,NGK plug and walbro style hp pumper carb setup............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help what to you chop the fins on the flywheel with? And what clutch would you recomennd 2 or 3 shoe, and my gearing is 7/60 is that gonna be bad? Sorry for so many question really trying to get more performance

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
for the flywheel... im sure there are much easier ways to do it, but with the tools i had and a lack of a nice work area in my garage i just busted the fins off as close to the bottom as i could with angle cutters and then just filed the rest to get an even and balanced pattern

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Score the fin with a hacksaw blade or dremmel then just snap it off and file it smooth or you can leave it raised a little as long as they are all the same.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
It's better to build up the engine to go fast all the time than waste the money to go fast for five or six seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts