Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
So I'm just curious what's the bore and stroke of all air cooled 2 stroke motors from 39 cc to 50cc and what's swappable between them???
The 43cc and 49cc cag engines and x1 engines are 40mm x 32mm [43cc] and 44mm x 32mm [49cc]

there are no real 39cc and 47cc cag engines,,those numbers are myths like unicorns or the lochness monster

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Cool. So what are your thought on big bore kits vs 49cc motor.

The bigbore kits have a tighter squish than a 1pc head naturally unless milled down so theyll naturally deliver more power but not the power it deserves to be and thats where taking the time to blueprint the cylinder and raceporting the lowerend produces the real power potential towards their boasted 5.5hp power potential.........

Ive done tests against different stage mods along the way and wrote the results in a marble composition book and the differences between bone stock and fully modded is like the same difference between an 80's chrysler reliant k-car against a ferrari f-41....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
And do they have like stroker kits to bump it up to like 37 or 38
There are no stroker cranks........Your stuck with limitations but thees plenty of untapped potential...MY 15:1 43cc evil wasp cag needed a 4inch stretch to keep it in the barely rideable state its at now...On alky-methanol racing fuel it couldnt even be ridden without it flipping out from under me even with the stretch so I had to detune it a lil.....LOL

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
**** that's some power dude I want something like that
Get the 40mm ADA 15:1 headkit and slap in a 17:1 dome,,,get an alky pumper carb,,do the work on the head to massage the powerband and such and its do-able...I recently gave it even more uumph with the addition of an ADA 4petal reedblock.......Me and EPR got the last 4....LOL

EPR's doing a build right now.....The only thing I did differently on mine was dremel in a shallow 3rd port and give the piston 5 windows...He bought a single ring piston for his but hes putting some piston mods too....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
How much hp are your setups?? How do these things get dynoed? A regular dyno?????

Dyno Jet motorcycle dyno...I used to have one in my basement...sold it a couple years ago when i gave up on ideas of opening a shop due to it being too expensive and quite costly to where it would of become a loss instead of a gain...

My Evil wasp cag is around 7-8 hp and the Black Magic cag around the same....They just have two different attutides though which makes both fun to ride

My Polini watercooled 6.2hp 50cc bike is overweight at 50lbs without rider against a 32lb cag and my evil wasp cag smacks the polini silly.....one day ill give the polini more uumph but im holding out for a blowout sale....LOL

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
AAA man I'm getting hyped up. I can't wait to just ride mine. Those are sick!!!
Thanks I put a lil time into each but the way they ride and handle is unlike how it was and ill say that they were the best improvements especially how I rereked the front forks with the rear extensions...They turn so nicely now.........

LOL when I see a bone stock bike I cringe...LOL...The power is sooooo weak that I get so bored Ido stupid things and get banged up hard...LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And how do I know what head kit will fit my motor??? And I don't know about all this port talk I thought all it was, was a port for intake and a port for exhaust???? Like boost ports with boost pistons and such I have no clue dude.. lol. I need some schooling lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.