Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a x1 i just bought and was wandering if i need any of the electric stuff and battery for it to run? i dont want to use any of the electric stuff just want to ride the bike.
it has a pull start so will it work with no battery cuz i dont have one.
thanks

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You do not need the battery,rectifier,solenoid ,gauges,lighting,handlebar switch or any of the wiring to get the bike running/riding.It can all be removed to lighten the bike up alot.The battery is for the e-starter and the lighting only...There will be a killswitch needed though to shut it off if you do remove it all...Its easy to do....The wire harness plug coming from the start button hooks to the harness plug coming from the coil or engine case cover to become one.....

The engines have a magneto and pickup coil similar to lawnmowers,weedwaters,and blowers to start up and operate.........If that engine didnt have a starter/generator combo it would have just a killswitch like a cag...........................Peace

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thank you. should i check the spark plug? it hasnt been started in over 2yrs. and wat the hell does a boost induction system do? its on the bike but i dont see wat it does

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Change the plug....NGK BM6A is good.

Boost induction doubles the intakes atomized fuel charge to pack more into the cylinder to make power..It helps with bottom end takeoff and midrange punch...It does very little for the top end gains but is good to have...............Peace

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I am new here and I was wondering if I could get my bike moving with a battery and no other wiring. If so pls respond or send me a wiring diagram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts