Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this thing up for $30, it doesn't run, no fairings, and it's been sitting for a while. FUN! the wiring is a mess but I am planning on just taking it all out. I read in another thread that all I need to do it connect the two smaller wires from the coil to a switch to kill the the motor, true? can I remove the control module and solenoid? I don't need electronics, bought the bike for my younger brother to play on since the x19 is too much for him lol

Also what is the size of the air filter on the stock carb? I need one of those too.

Anyone have a set of fairings for this thing lying around? I don't care if they are ugly, I will paint them myself. How about some stock foot pegs?

0710112021.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
i dont think id get rid of the cdi box... it will run without it but it takes a charge from the coil as its running and stores it and sends it to the plug for a more powerful spark to help minimize plug fouling... the solenoid is just a relay switch used for electric start... if you dont need it you can get rid of it but it just takes a small current load that goes through your starter button and triggers a heavier load from the battery and larger wires that feed the starter motor itself...

im new to pocket bikes but a long time tread head motocrosser lol

·
pet science project
538 Posts
on a 2 stroke i beg to differ...on my x7 the wires coming from the coil go right into the ignition switch. thats how you kill the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts