Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think i could fit like a 2.5 Briggs & Stratton in my X1? the engine on the x1 is dead so i was thinking i could make it 1 of a kind. yes i searched. Also is there a good motor u guys think for it? i dont want to spend the 100+ for a 49cc. this would just be a bike to ride around not race.

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
go for it!!! make it fit.

if i was you i would pull the governor and get thicker valve springs.

shaft is a 5/8"? look for a 5/8" go kart clutch on ebay if its that.

it would probably fit #40/41 chain on your rear sprocket.

may need to make a jackshaft because you dont want the engine hanging off the side of the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think it'd be really hard? i dont have alot of tools/ materials to do it. but i do have a decent amount of skill.

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
just to show how anything is posssible.... heres some stuff i made.

put a cateye engine into a razor chopper...

heres a honda clone i put into my friends mx650

heres something else i made.......

home made scrap bike

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
an electric scooter that i dropped in a PB engine... next to the scrap bike.

shot of the scooter.

my razor mx500 converted to gas

and the first thing i ever modified.................

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Al Gore will find you some day, just switch over to electric, wait 12 hours for a charge, and have 30 minutes of fun, who would want to have fun all day long anyway!

Always go for GAS, it is ready right now!
right on :D

id rather burn fuel than electrons.

just worked on a electric motor last night (had to replace brushes and epoxy magnet back on)

its more fun to replace a connecting rod than to glue a magnet back on :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
I'm a gas and grease man, not wires and wattage ... If you have a welder, a grinder, time, and patience, you can stuff just about any motor into any frame.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You can also go the faster and cheaper route and buy a new coil , carb and 49bb ported topend kit and get yourself a 2 stroke education in modifying plus get it back up n running better and faster than it was aswell as more powerful than a 2.5hp engine............................

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have a welder. also all the screws seem to b seized onto the bike. is a 47cc cagilari a good motor cause a guy is selling a used one for 50 bucks on cl

·
Registered
211 Posts
it's gonna be tough getting that briggs motor to fit without a welder. Your best bet is to listen to CAM and rebuild the motor you have. It's very easy to do and any questions you might have in the process can be answered here. It will be like a new X1 motor only better!

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
got the engine out of the bike. now i need a good top end kit that wont brake the bank?
i would get new rings and smooth out the scratches in the piston... clean all original parts.

por15 marine clean, carb cleaner, and a dremel work AWESOME.

marine clean doesnt hurt my bare skin but it literally melts carbon buildup off 50 year old snowblower engines.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
That's cause they have not made that bike for 10 years or so. I have seen X7 body parts on eBay but they wanted $60 for just for a new windshield fairing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts