Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pull chord broke on my x2 Ninja Pocketbike. i took it off of the bike leaving the crossthreadedbolt holding on the Starter claw. i needed to get this bike to start so i took an air tool and spun the bolt to turn over the engine. the bolt then broke :mad: the bolt broke half way up the shaft and half of it in now stuck inside the bike. Any Suggestions?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
My pull chord broke on my x2 Ninja Pocketbike. i took it off of the bike leaving the crossthreadedbolt holding on the Starter claw. i needed to get this bike to start so i took an air tool and spun the bolt to turn over the engine. the bolt then broke :mad: the bolt broke half way up the shaft and half of it in now stuck inside the bike. Any Suggestions?
Is there any way to grab the bolt with pliers or vice grips to get it out? if not you may need to Drill it and use a "Screw Extractor" set on it.

Good Luck!

Nick. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

(edit)

You might be able to grind a slit in it to fit a flat-head screwdriver?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to grab the bolt with pliers or vice grips to get it out? if not you may need to Drill it and use a "Screw Extractor" set on it.

Good Luck!

Nick. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

(edit)

You might be able to grind a slit in it to fit a flat-head screwdriver?
The End of the bolt is very deep inside, but i will do my best.
also where can i get another one? now that this one is broken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The threads in the rotating peice are completely gone and i cannot get the bolt out. i have tried putting the starter claw bolt back in with JB Weld but faild twice after running the bike for about ten minutes.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Can the bad part be replaced?? Are the bad threads in the end of the crank??

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Get a 8mm bolt and run it through the starter windings to pop the starter off than take the plug out and push a thick shoe string in there to hold the motor from turning while you get the pawl bolt loose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts