Input Voltage : max. 48V
Kv : 180 rpm/Volt
Weight: 1570g
Shaft: 12mm
Voltage Range: 20-48v
Non Load Current: 3.3A
Equivalent: 60-80cc Gas Engine!

#5 ·
I can think of two catches here that are being over looked.

1. Motor heating, this motor is made to be directed toward a high amount of air for cooling over the motor body. If you are running this motor at 7000 watts, and making 800 watts of heat you need a good plan on how to get rid of that heat.

2. Motor ruggedness. How long are those bearings going to last before you warp that shaft using the motor to drive a pulley or chain? It will work, but you will need to use a jack shaft or some sort of link between the motor and drive wheel to take off the side forces from being generated to the motor.

#7 ·
hey hey i have a few of those motors plus a few inrunners too.

the outrunners have absolutely rediculous torque and that particular one in the scooter has a 8mm hardened shaft and some pretty decent size bearings to boot. id love to get that massive one one day.

just glue the magnets in with some microballoons as they like to drop off if you put the motor through some shock and its all great. im just putting one onto a stand up razor scooter myself. should be good

youll find the outrunners dont really heat up all that much either because they are so totally ventilated by design and by the outer ring spinning it pretty well dissappates its own heat. but sure a shaft driven fan could never go astray.

thats how the eteks are setup ;)

good thing with the huge outrunners is that you *almost* get free power as you go up in voltage. just double the voltage double the gearing and it just wants to run cooler and hammer out more power :D

only problem is the controllers. the only one ive got is a 110 amp 36v one thats quite small but i guess you could get any number of controllers to go with it.

would love to chuck a pair of the big ones in a pocket bike find a decent controller and run them both at 60v :D

#13 ·
Here this guy put 3 of them on a gokart YouTube - EL go kart
It's pretty amazing what can be done with stuff from the R/C world to electric go karts and bikes. The only problem they have had is reliability issues, which is just a small obstacle. I've been looking into these outrunner motors and have seen that a lot of guys on the rc forums actually modify them to run them twice as hard. Some of these little outrunners are running 6,000 watts continuously.

#19 ·
Looks like eternal backorder on most of the big ones..

I've been looking at the RC motors lately, and they are cheap for the power. What 30 to 120 bucks, but keep in mind the controller and throttle setup can drive the total cost up. Also you can burn up RC controllers on a non-RC scale bike..

They are the pinnacle for power/weight, but they do have some issues to sort. If you have the money they are a great way to go IMO. If you're on a tight budget (like me) also consider there are few sensored brushless motors out there. That way you can use affordable bike/scooter controllers.

#20 ·
I have the bike apart, I have all the parts. I am trying to figure out the throttle.

does the stoc pocket bikek throttle's use a 0-5 V potentiometer? (0-5V variable resistor) I have the 6500W motor. I bought this over the 7000W motor because it was slightly larger and would put out more torque.

The shuttering experienced at low rpm is due to the motor not being sensored. One person solved this by adding a clutch style system to get the RPM above the stuttering area for riding.

I wont be running lipo or A123 to start. I bought a new Hyper 10SC for racing this summer and made battery packs for me and my son. I will be running lead acid 17A/H batteries

#21 ·
Everything works but with a few issues. The Servo tester that i am using will not stay on for about more than 20 seconds before cutting power to the servo. The servo tester is used to interpret the signal between the throttle and the 200A Brushless Electronic speed controller. I need a different servo tester

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.