Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was riding my friends X7 pocket bike, and well.....its slow. i mean really really slow. It seems like it has been broken in but i can't tell for sure. It looks really new but he got it from some guy on Craigslist for 30 dollars because of a gas leak...What a deal! So i really am not sure what could be wrong we put a digital speedometer on it and it only read 7mph. Maybe it hasn't been broken in? what should i do to make it actually hit maybe 15mph or even 20! Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Is the X7 2stroke or 4 stroke?

No No NO!!! It's the Crower 6-stroke! Google.com That! I did a few years ago!

Code:
http://www.****interesting.com/the-six-stroke-engine/
And YES, I DID already send this genius (Not Joking, look how long he has been working for NASA!) an Email! But he is even busier than I am!

NASA.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Ok theres reasons for this.............You need to nail them down one at a time til you get the speeds it supposed to do...............

Id start right off the bat and remove the engine from the frame;-clean it up and bench the engine once dry....

Pull the carb and intake off plus remove the fancase to expose the flywheel.....Make sure the gaskets are good and the purgeport holes line up...when you reinstall the carb make sure you remove all the slack from the throttle cable

Clean the in-tank fuel filter thats in the tank on the end of the black fuelline..

Pull the coil off the engine block.......Check for rust on both the magnet and pickup coils and clean them up......regap with a true thickness .020" business card

Pull the sparkplug,,,replace it with a new NGK BPM6A sparkplug gapped to .030".....

Pull the transmission off the engine and remove the clutch pads from the flywheel and clean up the shoulder bolts and the pad mounts rust/oxydation-free...Reinstall with a dab of anti-seize on the shoulder bolts........The clutch pads must throw out pretty easily without sticking........Deglaze the pads and clutchbell with 100 grit sandpaper...I use 80 grit

Make sure the head bolts are tight and reinstall the engine,,,fuellines are as follows,,black + ribbed larger nipple......clear line= smaller smooth nipple........Good Luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats gonna take us sometime....... but we will do it and hopefully it will go as fast as we want it to. Thanks Cam2, always good advice from you

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
thats gonna take us sometime....... but we will do it and hopefully it will go as fast as we want it to. Thanks Cam2, always good advice from you
Mine didn't help at all?

I'll try harder next time! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok theres reasons for this.............You need to nail them down one at a time til you get the speeds it supposed to do...............

Id start right off the bat and remove the engine from the frame;-clean it up and bench the engine once dry....

Pull the carb and intake off plus remove the fancase to expose the flywheel.....Make sure the gaskets are good and the purgeport holes line up...when you reinstall the carb make sure you remove all the slack from the throttle cable

Clean the in-tank fuel filter thats in the tank on the end of the black fuelline..

Pull the coil off the engine block.......Check for rust on both the magnet and pickup coils and clean them up......regap with a true thickness .020" business card

Pull the sparkplug,,,replace it with a new NGK BPM6A sparkplug gapped to .030".....

Pull the transmission off the engine and remove the clutch pads from the flywheel and clean up the shoulder bolts and the pad mounts rust/oxydation-free...Reinstall with a dab of anti-seize on the shoulder bolts........The clutch pads must throw out pretty easily without sticking........Deglaze the pads and clutchbell with 100 grit sandpaper...I use 80 grit

Make sure the head bolts are tight and reinstall the engine,,,fuellines are as follows,,black + ribbed larger nipple......clear line= smaller smooth nipple........Good Luck
exactly what I was looking for, great tips! Thanks!

But mines only hitting 20mph :x idk where i should start. Just got the carb cleaned!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
exactly what I was looking for, great tips! Thanks!

But mines only hitting 20mph :x idk where i should start. Just got the carb cleaned!
20 is actually pretty close to "Normal" most kids just "Mis-Quote" the "numbers"

Nicky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts