Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried matching up the brake/tail light bulb with bulbs at the auto parts store and can't seem to find the correct one. Anyone got a part number handy? I found that the OE bulb for the headlight matches a 3497 but it's not bright enough (at 20 or so watts).

I did some testing of the brake light bulb and it's out, w the exception of the tail light portion of the bulb.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You should be able to find those in a 21watt globe
The output of the battery should be ample to power it being 12volts
Just check the charge on your battery

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should've updated you guys...I found the bulb at my local Suzuki bike dealer/parts shop. Still don't know the actual bulb number...lol Anyway, I hate having to recharge my battery every few days. It's getting very annoying.

On a side note, how are my lights working even if the battery's not strong enough to use the electric start (but be kickstarted)???

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm not sure of the tail light bulb - But I used a small headed 9 LED 1157 bulb for my headlight! Works well!

·
Registered
215 Posts
The numbers you are looking for is 1156 for the headlight and 1157 for the taillight.

Now most bulbs you find won't fit the factory opening, so you will have to open the housing with a flathead screwdriver(be careful with the plastic)

L.E.D are very bright and produce less heat.

Silverstar makes a nice halogen bulb and can be found at just about any auto parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts