Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads, first of all happy new year!

Took the pipe off today and it is pretty scratched and rusty. What would be a good way to get it somewhat decent again? If I start with sanding paper, I would need to get some heat resistant clear coat I guess?
Wood Plant Handle Metal Door handle

If I read correct, this is the worst pipe dimension wise. Can someone confirm that a good mod would be to take 40mm out of the belly? And what about the stinger length then?
Much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
It's not a bad pipe I think you were reading about the stock CAG pipe!

Just hit it with the red scuff pad get as much rust off as you can and then clean it with brake cleaner and paint it with barbecue paint enamel...

·
Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I looked back in the Dutch forum and the standard rep had 8,2 hp. Now by fixing up a handmade pipe power went up by 2 hp. But the best part is that it produces this over a lot more rpm range, so much more usable power and that reduces clutch wear too. Too bad that topic is so old, you can't see the pictures any more.
This is what they said about the standard C1:
"
The B1 replica peaks at 9512 rpm (8.1 HP) and the max torque is at 9297 rpm (6.04 Nm).
Now the problem with the clutch becomes immediately clear, because if we assume that the clutch is stuck after 1000 rpm, then anyone can see that we miss the top power and certainly the best torque.
If the clutch is adjusted too high in rpm (which also happens in many cases), the bike will not pick up and pull well and will therefore ride around with a lot of slip."

It seems it is a lot like a Zocchi pipe for a B1. So I will search for pictures of that pipe and see if we can match dimensions..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah this is a Zocchi B1 pipe. That looks quite different to my standard pipe. On Ali there are knock-offs available for around €80,--. Anyone been using these perhaps? Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts