Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a C5 and had it shipped... Don't want to bash anyone but looked like someone did spike and end zone dance on the box. Obvious signs of damage just a really bad experience overall. Finally after arguing for over a month I received a few of the damaged pieces and the rest I am stuck with. I guess if it is damaged but not broken the purchaser is stuck with it damaged. I am that one out of many that had horrible experience with company everyone else speaks highly of. Anyway... Got it all prepped. tuned, and running... Water pump and belt run smooth and do not hang up. Problem is after 10 minutes this thing is smoking and antifreeze boiling and bubbling. What am I missing? I have ridden twice and cannot believe how how it gets. Radiator smokes and the water bottle is overflowing. HELP! What am I doing or not doing?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Bought a C5 and had it shipped... Don't want to bash anyone but looked like someone did spike and end zone dance on the box. Obvious signs of damage just a really bad experience overall. Finally after arguing for over a month I received a few of the damaged pieces and the rest I am stuck with. I guess if it is damaged but not broken the purchaser is stuck with it damaged. I am that one out of many that had horrible experience with company everyone else speaks highly of. Anyway... Got it all prepped. tuned, and running... Water pump and belt run smooth and do not hang up. Problem is after 10 minutes this thing is smoking and antifreeze boiling and bubbling. What am I missing? I have ridden twice and cannot believe how how it gets. Radiator smokes and the water bottle is overflowing. HELP! What am I doing or not doing?
Did you Bleed the crap out of the cooling system while filling it? and have you checked to see if the water bottle cap if assembled is the correct order?

Do you have a bleeder valve on the top radiator hose?

Do you have the silver "Banshee" radiator or the old school black one?

The broken parts are BS, and you should report whoever it is that is being an A-hole! if it got there broken, and the box was all damaged, tell Visa, or Mastercard, you did use a credit card right?

But for something simple like overheating, I wouldn't trip, the cooling system is easy to address, a con artist that sells broken stuff, not so much...

A pocket bike, $500
A broken part, Crappy!
Making some online jerk send you the parts that we're broken becuse Visa is going to pull their right to accept Visa forever... Priceless! :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Nick! I was less than happy the way the box arrived. The box was literally wide open and the styrofoam blocks were exploded into thousands of pieces. Just goes to show that even B+ ratings with the BBB don't mean much. Oh well! Paint pens work wonders until I can repaint the whole body this winter. I have spoken to Paypal and everyone else waiting to see what action I can take if any. The seller of course blamed it all on UPS. I should post our email exchange and pictures one day and I GUARANTEE nobody would ever order from this place again. Talk about a lack of any compassion and customer service.

We took our time filling the radiator and made sure there was no air in the lines.

The radiator is silver and I do not see any bleeder valve in the entire system. Where am I looking???

The cap on the water bottle does not always appear to tighten. In fact sometimes it even seems to go on cross threaded. Not sure what you mean by assembled correctly. Forgive my ignorance... Can you elaborate?

On a positive note... The bike is fast as all get out and sounds wicked.

Is the clutch always set so high? It seems as if it is almost 8,000 to 8,500 rpm to engage? I set the clutch at 21mm using a caliper and have adjusted after a few rides. Is it possible to dial it down a bit to engage earlier? Will it mess up the clutch or the power band? I am so used to rolling the throttle and it starts engaging. It seems like you really have to wind this up before it starts to roll/engage.

Thanks!!!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
No Problem, maybe Pocket bike planet can help make up for some jerk, and sort of even out the pocket bike ********, but do not feel alone, this has happened to each of us more than once! :mad: :thumbsup:

The bleeder valve would look like a little nipple / bolt, it's almost always on the top of the two radiator hoses going to the engine, since you have the super cool banshee radiator, it has a dynamic bleed built in, it's the 2nd smaller hose going to the overflow (bottle)

So, here is a bleeding technique, more like burping....

Fill it with water or coolant, till the bottle is 1/3rd full, tip the front end all the way up in the air, then pull the pull start some, nice and slow so it wont start but enough to cycle the little pump some, this should hopefully get some bubbles out if there are any in there...

There are a few cars that have radiator caps / overflow bottle caps that share "matching sizes" with the C1 water bottle cap , one is a Fiat Punto, there are others too, but I can not recall the make / model off of the top of my head, but if the cap is not sealing because of the threads then I think a new bottle might be needed...

If you wanted to just end it, I think a Blata water bottle and new cap wouldn't cost too much and should "put an end" to the madness.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Someone here said a Fiat Pinta, Rad cap will fit the C1-B1 bottle.
Sounds like you blew the 0 rings in the head, a blown head gasket, as we call it, The hot combustion heats up the water, and it boils over.
Did you get it a Tsun in Canada, Lee there will tell you you need Viton O rings. Pull the spark plug, see if there is water in the cylinder. If so, Take the 6 bolts off the head & take the carb and reeds off and dry the engine. It happened to me, right after I got it. Anyone with a W/C China bike will tell you the same. I would take the exhaust and head off and look if you see if you see any water droplets on your spark plug.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct me if I am wrong but it would not run if that was the case right? This thing starts right up as normal and still runs like a champ until it heats up every 10 minutes.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but it would not run if that was the case right? This thing starts right up as normal and still runs like a champ until it heats up every 10 minutes.
well, water in the cylinder, enough of it and it would not run!

A blown head gasket would make the bike hard to start, If you would like to you can eliminate that possibility buy pulling the U shaped header section of the exhaust pipe, if the head is leaking water, you would no doubt see some pooling in the header, like the U shaped "trap" in a sink.

If the cooling system cannot build pressure, it will ALWAYS boil over. pressurizing the cooling system is a trick we use to "Push Back" the boiling point, coolant is another one, or if you use water (distilled only) some water wetter or engine ice helps push back the boiling point too.

Did you see my thread with the orange C1's cooling passages in it's head? oh man, what a mess, but that thing is from 2005/2006...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The head gasket is not blown...The spark plug is dry as a bone and so is the pipe. I tried standing the bike up and pulling the pull start. Something tells me it is still that goofy @$$ water bottle and not being air tight. I am going to run it a bit yet tonight and see if it still overheats. I am still betting water bottle. The water pump is still moving and the belt is fine as well. What else could be causing the over heating?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BAD NIGHT FOR THE C5... @#$%^&*()_

Not only did it overheat but gas was spewing everywhere. It appears that the fuel filter cracked and leaked all over. Went to pull the seat and the pipe destroyed the tank as well. Lucky it was not a total barbecue night and I was in the driveway when I noticed. So much for fun fun fun... The boys 20 mph cateye off craigslist was a better deal than this bike. EEEGAD!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Well, to be fair, the cateye was probably much worse when it was new! :p

Fuel filters are really cheap, and one of Ours(out of three external type) did the same thing! places like home depot or other engine selling stores will probably have one, just get one that will fit the same hose size.

Sorry to hear about the crappy luck. :( :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SO do tell... What am I missing with the gas tank sitting right above a hot pipe? Why does that still seem like a bad idea? Melted right through the tank tonight as well. Was there some heat shield that went in between that I missed? I suppose a bit of header wrap will fix that problem. Time to order a new gas tank. JOY!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
SO do tell... What am I missing with the gas tank sitting right above a hot pipe? Why does that still seem like a bad idea? Melted right through the tank tonight as well. Was there some heat shield that went in between that I missed? I suppose a bit of header wrap will fix that problem. Time to order a new gas tank. JOY!
hmmm, that was an issue on some on some of the old C1's too... they sell some stuff called "Header Wrap" it isn't free but doesn't cost an arm and a leg, just an arm, you could actually skip wrapping the header section, 2-strokes and all, and instead use it on the upper / belly section, there is also some sweet Aluminum tape used for things like heating / cooling H/V/AC purposes, You can line the bottom of the tank with it...

Dang, you must have got one of the possessed Bikes! :( :thumbsup:

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
BAD NIGHT FOR THE C5... @#$%^&*()_

Not only did it overheat but gas was spewing everywhere. It appears that the fuel filter cracked and leaked all over. Went to pull the seat and the pipe destroyed the tank as well. Lucky it was not a total barbecue night and I was in the driveway when I noticed. So much for fun fun fun... The boys 20 mph cateye off craigslist was a better deal than this bike. EEEGAD!
I'm sorry to read about all this mess, PLEASE tell us where You got your bike so others can be aware of all this, in the other hand, ALL the crap coming from China is the same, if you want a nice bike, you have to spend some time and some bucks fixing ALL the bad quality items on these crappy bikes...You may end with the same amount of $$$$ as If You get a used Euro bike but, come on...you will get a lot of fun!

Regards,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been doing some research and getting mixed reviews. Some say that header wrap will possibly seize the motor as heat cannot properly dissipate. Really it is only a small area that I would have to wrap. Have also seen others state they moved the pipe down so not so close to tank. Not sure how this was accomplished without major mods to mounting points. Any feedback on this would be great. I also see others are smashing the pipe to flatten out the upper ridges and create space. Is this safe to do? It seems reasonable and may change the pitch of the sound but I cannot see this hurting pressure. It should still allow the same amount of flow and space in the pipe. It would definitely solve my issue to just put the pipe in a vice and flatten the top down a bit. I have the room for the additional pipe on the sides. Anyone???

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hmmm, header wrap at the header could, but back at the expansion chamber / belly? I have never seen that happen :confused:

If you can get the pipe to move without "Denting" it, or causing some type of leak, do it! that is going to be the best option. but it is a tight fit, and we need it to be sealed, at the header connection and where the header meets the pipe.

Denting pipes is not a good option, and people who dent 2-stroke pipes on purpose make me wonder...

When I am designing a pipe I am "not allowed" to use drastic angles, they cause all types of issues, a BIG random dent, ummm, don't even get me started.

A dent in a 4-stroke pipe, whatever, who even cares, but not on a 2-stroke...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL Nick... How do you really feel about denting pipes? I won't make you wonder about me then HAHAHAHA. I would have at least made it look pretty and not a big random dent. More of just flattening out the top to accommodate.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
LOL Nick... How do you really feel about denting pipes? I won't make you wonder about me then HAHAHAHA. I would have at least made it look pretty and not a big random dent. More of just flattening out the top to accommodate.

heh, the 2-stroke and it's "tuned" exhaust pipe, well, lets just say, the difference between a great 2-stroke engine and an O.K. one is as simple as a good pipe.

when we are talking about engines that are turning amazing Rev's 15,000! The pipe and it's timing becomes even more important!

plus, I love anything Blata (even the clones) So I cry, and imagine two angles loose their wings every time a Blata looses power! :( :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts