Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alex Da' Cat
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not too long ago i posted a thread about whether anyone has ever used the cag adjustable jet, and no one seemed to be using or have any experience with them, and were also curious about them. So i just wanted to tell you all that i ordered and installed it, and it works GREAT. I will never have to open my carb and change a jet again, i simply just turn a knob to adjust how much gas mixture goes to my engine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
do a write up with pictures if possible.....I am sure alot of people wanna know more about this thing

·
Alex Da' Cat
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
VERY interesting. Where did you order the jet kit? I think the Purple Beastie's gonna get herself a new jet ....

Thanks for the link, btw.

·
Alex Da' Cat
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
VERY interesting. Where did you order the jet kit? I think the Purple Beastie's gonna get herself a new jet ....

Thanks for the link, btw.
Yea I order it from tsunami bike:
JET 002 - ADJUSTABLE JET FOR CAG

Oh and to get mine to work properly , i had to removed the locknut and washer that comes with the adjustable jet ( because it didn't allow the adjustable jet to go close enough to the jet inside of the carb) and i installed 2 slight larger washers that were able to slip over the adjustable jet threads and non-threaded part to press against the spring (the old washer only was big enough to go over the threads), i didn't have to replace the locknut because the jet is pretty tight. And i also put a small amount of silicone around the adjustable jet just to make it a little tighter and to make sure it wouldn't ever leak.

And the "new tapered needle" for the throttle that is mentioned in that installation guide, doesn't even come with the adjustable jet kit, but it is not needed. (idk why it was even part of the guide)

No prob.
Here is a pic of it on my bike:
[img=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4120/img00181d.th.jpg]

[img=http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6007/img00182z.th.jpg]

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Thanks for the info. Don't forget to put this stuff in the "Products Reviews" section, too.

·
Alex Da' Cat
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where exactly is that section?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts

·
Alex Da' Cat
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9