Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1463 Posts

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well you've read the title now meet the projects..............Im gonna do this as a 4 bike build-up so hopefully it doesnt get so confusing following these rebuilds.......

Everythings basically junk to most people and these things are hardly complete........Luckily I have lots of parts stored in totes aswell as daily parts orders arriving..

Most know or seen my 2011 MT-A1 HF trophy cag I won that turned out to be a nitemare.......Ive decided to whip the chinese back at their game and make that weak frame theyve designed for the 2011 model MT-A1 Cag more reliable and stronger by soild filling the frame and forktubes with block fill for car engines and redesigning then building a new stronger upper engine mount

Some also seen shots of my basket case Zenoah powered MT-A1 HF Cag that Ive already started on by modifying it a bit and painting the frame a descent coating of Rustoleum satin black

This one I got yesterday.Its an MT-A2 FF Cag....The kid wanted $40....He got $25 because he painted it like a goofball...............Its gonna take a bit to strip off all the repugnant paint and spray on something a bit better

Got this one tonight.Its a 2006 MT-A2 HF Cag....The kid wanted $90 for this ...lol.....He got $20 and in the picture you can see why..............

Updates to follow soon.........

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Your newest one seems to have some small... rust issues. I would start the first and last one by removing that hideous chain guard.

You can call it weight reduction...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
well it def appears that you have your hands full with projects and I thought I was bad.....
Just post some more pictures or your sweet Vette! That thing looks like a monster!

But, "Blacked Out Lights" (brake lights) ??? :confused:

Right, they look Kewel! <--- I "forgot"

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys............compared to some of the past projects these should be a breeze......Bear in mind Im also in the process of building other projects aswell.......

Heres a small list of projects other than this one....

24" tire stretched chopped mini trike with extra raked frontend

Stand-up scooter with reed inducted BB engine with CVT transmission

Twin engine mini harley needs to be broken down and beautified

Polini rebuild with raceporting the case and head

X1 high speed suspension modifications

Heres some pics to update the thread........The yellow h/f will be dismantled in an hour or so..........

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks guys............compared to some of the past projects these should be a breeze......Bear in mind Im also in the process of building other projects aswell.......

Heres a small list of projects other than this one....

24" tire stretched chopped mini trike with extra raked frontend

Stand-up scooter with reed inducted BB engine with CVT transmission

Twin engine mini harley needs to be broken down and beautified

Polini rebuild with raceporting the case and head

X1 high speed suspension modifications

Heres some pics to update the thread........The yellow h/f will be dismantled in an hour or so..........

\

ayeee i see sum in the back on the wall with some weld wheels,whats that a jeep power wheel also,i got a daytona cag but its in pieces in the garage,i had it for about 7 years and last time i rode was 3-4 years ago,im gonna try to fix it after i finish my x19

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
\ayeee i see sum in the back on the wall with some weld wheels,whats that a jeep power wheel also,i got a daytona cag but its in pieces in the garage,i had it for about 7 years and last time i rode was 3-4 years ago,im gonna try to fix it after i finish my x19
Thats my Team Associated Monster GT 8.0 nitro r/c monster truck and those are the stock rims..It did have Weld Beadlocks on it at one time but worked out better on my HPI Savage............Its just one of many...

The yellow h/f cag has been dismantled,,,now to assess the salvageable items and draw up plans then shop for a few items....Pics in a few...........

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thats my Team Associated Monster GT 8.0 nitro r/c monster truck and those are the stock rims..It did have Weld Beadlocks on it at one time but worked out better on my HPI Savage............Its just one of many...

The yellow h/f cag has been dismantled,,,now to assess the salvageable items and draw up plans then shop for a few items....Pics in a few...........
\

bad azz i want to build a 72 camaro lol just gotta wait till i finish these pbs and get some more money lol

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang it Cam, I'm trying to look cool, your making it REALLY HARD!
You're one of the coolest admins Ive ever had in any forum ;-especially this one Mr NaSa..

......and by todays standards having the talents like you do with the 3d animations and mechanic background makes you twice as cool in my book........

Heres some pics of the yellow h/f cag stripped down,,chemically cleaned and pre-prepped for sanding..Its pretty dull right now but after sanding it will be ready to roll.........Tomorrow im gonna hit the Depot plus autoparts stores and pick up some paints,,primers and clear coats and make some progress................

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Heres some frame shots of the rustoleum satin black paint job done to the H/f Zenoah powered Cag

The F/F Cag frame is dismantled and being chemically cleaned and the repugnant black paintjob stripped......Pics later

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just post some more pictures or your sweet Vette! That thing looks like a monster!

But, "Blacked Out Lights" (brake lights) ??? :confused:

Right, they look Kewel! <--- I "forgot"
haha.. all rt ill post pics 2morrow, the tail lights are just covers when u apply the braakes your able to see the lights with now problems..

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Updates on the trophy Cag..............:

Ive jumped the gun a bit with this one and so far ive tackled 85% of the tasks....Now it just needs finishing touches.........

The engine is built and has gone through 5 heat cycles...The compression is solid and the bike is ready to rock n roll except my legs are saying differently so im gonna need time to test but on the stand it feels really snappy and revs hard......Im not gonna brag on the rev #'s til I can get a solid vid made where the tach can be viewed clearly...........

Engine :

49cc 1 piece head w/ 13:1 compression engine completely built by me....It started out as a Daves Orphan sale engine that I dismantled and worked my magic on it

3rd port grinded in w/windowed piston

Full circle crank

Race prepped crankcase

Ported intake/exhaust ports

Indexed piston

Indexed sparkplug

Deburred piston,,lightened and polished piston,pin and pin bearing

Lightened crossdrilled clutch pads

Hp clutch springs

HP clutchbell w/3rd bearing support and 7 tooth sprocket..The rear sprocket is a 60 tooth..

Lightened 8 fin flywheel

Rocket key

Walbro WT603 rep carb w/ hp intake,,v-stack and hp airfilter

Composite reeds

Modded reed stopper

HP sparkplug wire

NGK sparkplug

X1 Rev pipe exhaust modded to fit the cag.....It took minimal modifications to pull it off but I have some work to do relocating the mounts....I wanted to see how it performed first before setting it in stone...........

The whole engine was basically blueprinted and reassembled to produce some serious power

Bike was totally stripped down........

Holes were drilled into the back part of the frame tubes and using a high vibrating source and with a lil ingenuity I managed to solidly fill my tinfoil frame stronger utilizing Blok-Fil for filling the waterjackets on thin cylinder wall racing engines..Then I welded the holes up and hit the spots with black spraypaint........Now I practically dont feel the vibes at all at standstill idle and revs...........Well see first ride how improved it is over the first ride on it after winning it...........

The upper engine mount was remade out of thicker steel and rebuilt into a stronger design

Now that the bike has been proven to show promise I guess its time to strip it down again and clean it up................

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Your newest one seems to have some small... rust issues. I would start the first and last one by removing that hideous chain guard.

You can call it weight reduction...
But there is "Chrome" on it! :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
I would have dumped it, anyway, and built my own ... Oh, wait, I already did that.

Jeez, CAM2, quite a few nice projects going on there. You should have quite the cool collection by the time you're done.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I would have dumped it, anyway, and built my own ... Oh, wait, I already did that.

Jeez, CAM2, quite a few nice projects going on there. You should have quite the cool collection by the time you're done.
I felt challenged by the chinese and felt I owed to the people who buy them to see if they can be made reliable enough to last........If I can get my hands on 1 more cag then I may still shelve it......

After todays ride I can say its gonna be one of those bikes that needs a smaller displacement lower power engine which means a mildly modded 43cc/40mm engine will be more suited for it................

Everyones gotta have a beginner based bike and they all cant be blazing fast;-lol

It was almost half the weight of a stock older cag before the frame/forks fill and still lighter by 6 lbs than one after...That thing was one tire lifting SOB when it hit the powerband today........lol

Im thinking that the ff cag with BMX stuntpegs welded on will go naked style kind of like yours but Im going with a different twist on the frame/wheels color...........The 2011 cags perf built engine by me will have to go on that one with a fatty pipe......

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heres the F/F cag stripped of all paint..............I also laid down a few coats of self etching primer on it and the yellow H/F cag frame a few hours ago........

This cag is gonna go naked style and the frame is gonna be a metallic blue under clearcoat...

Heres some shots of it paintless and de-void of the ugly black repugnant paintjob the previous owner laid on it.............

Heres what it looks like after a couple coats of self etching primer..Hopefully soon Ill get a chance to smooth it and hit it with some high build primer and smooth that before laying down the metallic blue paint............

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I like the Cag frame w/ the Zenoah engine mounts, never seen one bare like that before. Getting ready to put the Blue Demon engine back on the stand to see if it runs, its got great compression, can the China parts take the pounding??

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Heres some shots of the H/F cag frame................

Heres a shot of them together...even one set of front forks cleaned up pretty good..........

1 - 20 of 1463 Posts