Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hay guys, Im pretty new to the pocket bike hobby and I have to say Im having a lot of fun with these things. As of now I have 2 cags and an x15 midbike. I started tearing down my x15 but quickly got distracted with a new bike I recently bought from a kid on Craigslist. when I got it, it was in pretty bad shape but the frame was in prestige condition. so Im doing a rebuild and I would like to share this experience with all you guys here on pocketbikeplanet.

enjoy and please let me know what you guys think...........here are a few pictures of the bike when I got it and I will slowly add more as I get closer to completing this kick a$$ machine :D

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tore it all down pulled the motor and cleaned the entire frame. The paint on the frame is in awesome condition and seams very durable, so thats one less thing I have to do. Im trying to save a little money here and there so Im gonna do a couple "custom" things to keep the cost down lol ;). first thing Im doing is fixing these old funked up foot pegs.

I just reused the old foot peg cut all the cheap rubber off and used a matabo grinder to cut in some grip and to add a little design.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Nice find, like the wrinkle black paint on the frame, plus the engine mount plate has 5 holes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Finally the moment I have been waiting for! my motor has arrived! I got this motor from a seller on ebay and its a ready to run engine. however since it was only 140 bucks I doubt it has a full circle crank and carbon reeds and all that good stuff, but Im not too worried about it for now and Im planning on just adding those upgrades down the road. I figured Ill have a little fun with what I got for now. I backed out a couple of screws on the engine and applied some medium power loc-tight to prevent any headaches with the 2stroke vibrations. I am also going to put loc-tight on every screw and nut possible throught the whole bike :thumbsup:.

This big bore engine was advertised as a 54cc so Im gonna have to put it too the test :D:D
As you can see i put chrome spacers in between the engine and the engine mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the old engine that came with the bike......yeahhhh..... Im gonna tear it apart and try to salvage as much as I can. when I got this bike the kid had a full tank of unleaded gas with no oil mixture :confused:... so I can only imagine how this thing runs, he probably ran it without oil its whole life... poor thing :( lol

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im gonna do black and gold throughout the entire bike, gold anodized aluminum everything haha :cool: you will see. plus i just got my shipment of most of my parts so Im excited to bold em up.

..just hooked up my new throttle and adjusted everything :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
A lil while ago Nipples posted a pic on what happened to his old Lucky7 after he sold it.........I hope he sees this post and posts it for you to see...

I have a feeling it may happen to you too seeings your frame is made of much thinner walled steel...........

On my 2011 cag I beefed up the upper engine mount,,added a rightside upper mount and solid filled the frame tubing with Bloc-fil.........

The build is looking pretty good..........I wish you the best of luck...........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lil while ago Nipples posted a pic on what happened to his old Lucky7 after he sold it.........I hope he sees this post and posts it for you to see...

I have a feeling it may happen to you too seeings your frame is made of much thinner walled steel...........

On my 2011 cag I beefed up the upper engine mount,,added a rightside upper mount and solid filled the frame tubing with Bloc-fil.........

The build is looking pretty good..........I wish you the best of luck...........
Yeah I saw a post you made were you mentioned that you were doing the bloc-fill. I figured ill just see what happens, I really wanna do a MTA4 frame later on. How do you do the bloc-fill? Do you have to drill holes?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yeah I saw a post you made were you mentioned that you were doing the bloc-fill. I figured ill just see what happens, I really wanna do a MTA4 frame later on. How do you do the bloc-fill? Do you have to drill holes?

Yep I drilled holes,,used a mini air percussion hammer to vibrate the frame to spread the bloc-fil then I baked the frame at 150 for 3 hours........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Why did you put the engine on spacers?? Make sure you check your exhaust to see if it fits under the gas tank. Or, if your like me you make it fit.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It's a copy of a Pro Jet exhaust, that's why the call it Jet Pro backwards.
I have one of those, they have a real good sound.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yeah here's a picture of my exhaust and yeah I made it fit lol
Thats a pretty tight fit...Looks like youre gonna run it without the upper engine mount.........I hope youre gonna try to fit one in....The pipe would of fit a lil better with the j-pipe forwards of the head.......

My JetPro was for a sidecar racer and I cut it and rewelded it to fit custom in my stretched Black Magic Cag.........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah you make a good point there cam 2. I have all winter to figure things out with this thing. But I really like that upper engine mount! Thanks guys I appreciate the advice especially since I'm a little new at this. I'm still learning but at the same time very excited to get everything together.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.