Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can somebody help

Today my cag started vibrating and it worried me:eek:

When its idling its fine, but when I give it a little rev I can see the head shaking

Also I noticed the spark plug loosened itself when I was riding.

My guess is the piston is slapping but why would that happen:confused:

Thanks for anyones 2 cents

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a big bore motor and I noticed mine started doing this while riding, the four bolts that hold it in on the bottom came loose and it broke the upper mount off the frame.. had to tighten up the bottom four and re-weld the top one. Also since mine is a BB motor it has a 2 piece head, the head bolts would back themselves out after 5min of riding, so I had to back them out and put blue loctite on them, problem solved..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah i just looked and the bracket bolted to the top of the clutch is broken where its welded to the frame??

would that cause the vibrations??

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
ah i just looked and the bracket bolted to the top of the clutch is broken where its welded to the frame??

Why yes, yes it could, sometimes the top mount is called the "Anti Vibration" mount... :(:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts

O yes definantly would, mine vibrated really bad till I rewelded it.. Nice find though, gotta love cheap chinese metal... and at least you dont have to tear it down to far to fix it..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
They weld a hardware washer to the frame for the upper mount, mine broke, I just got my Oxy/Acyl tanks filled the Blue Demon engine broke my engine stand again, had to weld it before, I put Boosted306s engine on there, it has my real Polini exhaust mounted up. Demon engine in the Lucky 7, will run both tomorrow.
You need that top mount, or even the disc brake screws will come out.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Not to mention your fillings ....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha ya honda FTW

sadly i dont have one yet, but im going to check out some 8th gen SI's this week, hopefully to make one mine !

than i'll definatly get some pictures

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
haha ya honda FTW

sadly i dont have one yet, but im going to check out some 8th gen SI's this week, hopefully to make one mine !

than i'll definatly get some pictures
Bummer Dude! but you are right, Honda's rock! Check out a shot or two of the '97 accord I've got apart... <--- It's been leaking a little bit of oil, you should see what the oil pan gasket looked like! :eek:

Nick.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good Luck! Harbor freight sells cheap welders that work pretty well!

Let us know how it turns out...

Nick.

ps

Lets see your CiViC I love Honda's! ??? !!!
my 2007 civic si 4 door! and friends evo 9 se

only have a k&n sri and flashpro right now but soon to get a race header, 3in cat back, motor mounts and a full tune

hoping for 210-220whp

I know this thread is almost a year old but i've been busy...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Ever driven a Dodge Durango all wheel drive with a magnium V8, overhead cams, roller rockers, computer controlled Fuel injection, the crank and two cams have eyes watching them all the time and I can still get 18 miles per gallon and 300 hp. Like driving a big AWD Audi,lol. I love to do 4 wheel drifts in the rain.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The front end on the Jeep are messed up, the government says there OK, and tell you to hit the brakes to stop it. The need steering dampners on both sides.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I don't have one, there not Jeep anymore, they turn them into $50,000 leather seats, air condition, wanabe Cadillacs. A friend of mine had a 1955, 4 X 4 Willeys pickup truck w/ a flat head straight 6, and a 1 barrel carb, it would go places my 1975 K20 3/4 ton Chevy , 350 V8, Beefed up auto trans, dual Rancho shocks in front, 1 ton springs, 6" lifts, 16.5" rims w/ big wide mud tires. My wheels would spin and he would just putt up the hill,lol.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't have one, there not Jeep anymore, they turn them into $50,000 leather seats, air condition, wanabe Cadillacs. A friend of mine had a 1955, 4 X 4 Willeys pickup truck w/ a flat head straight 6, and a 1 barrel carb, it would go places my 1975 K20 3/4 ton Chevy , 350 V8, Beefed up auto trans, dual Rancho shocks in front, 1 ton springs, 6" lifts, 16.5" rims w/ big wide mud tires. My wheels would spin and he would just putt up the hill,lol.
thats down to the weight, the willis weighs hardly anything. a 75 pickup weighin less that a ton? was it a mini pickup?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts