Pocketbike Forum banner

CAG MT-A2 Problem?

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnson712 
#1 ·
So i was riding my bike today for about 15-20 mins i stopped at a stop sign my bike bogged out an stopped also the wheels locked up when i went to roll it across the street to my driveway any thoughts on why this happened?:confused::(

#10 ·
Thanks EPR............I should be heat cycling it tomorrow if all goes as planned..

The compression numbers sitting pretty at an even 200psi so Ill be breaking it in on 117 octane.Im gonna run it on the auto advancing CDI ignition which Im mounting inside the pullstarter cover on rubber isolator mounts............I just have to build up a frame and fab up an exhaust left to do basically....

Im gonna run it on 9/55 gearing because I expect one stump puller of an engine out of it..

#8 ·
so i just removed my motor an uppon doin that noticied that the kid i had bought it for had broke one of the mounts on the actual motor off is there any way of fixing this with out at welder? an also the front sprocket has 2 of the 6 almost completly ground off!!! last time i craiglist anything :mad: so as of now i need new front sprocket pull cord an clutch spring is this cag ever gunna run with out breaking sumthing?

#9 ·
If you can take pics of the broken engine mount you may be able to get a good solution first off...............

If the pinion is bad id get a new pinion chain and rear sprocket combo and change all 3...........Before removing the sprocket screws from the trear rim heat them up with a plumbers torch to liquify the loctite to keep the screws from breaking off............

As far as making the bike worthy of not breaking.............Its possible but youre starting to sound like youre losing patience...........

PB's are similar to r/c's in a way...theres preventive maintainance and theres also costly repairs..............It depends on how you treat them is how they treat you........

Replace and loctite the majority of the hardware with quality 8.8 hardware and it will stay put.

Make sure the tires are properly aired every ride

Lube all cables and lube chain periodically

Properly align the rear wheel utilizing a straight edge;- Dont trust the frame to be true;;even or square...Its not!

Make sure the brakes are properly adjusted and arent dragging

If these bikes were made of high quality for the $200.00 they are brand new then we'd be ripping the chinese off instead of the other way around............Good Luck

#12 · (Edited)
I had that happen to me too it was one of the bolts that came loose inside the clutch then it loosen the spring who then got crushed inside the clutch housing you just have to remove the bolts and then play around with the clutch housing twist it to make the spring part come loose and eventually it will turn again and clean the inside of where the clucth is and then get a new clucth ... My friend broke his at low speed and almost crashed because the hole thing got jammed just like your lol !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.