Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newer cag and the chain had came off while riding and I wrecked but when I got my new sprocket and chain on it ran fine but when I got on it wouldn't pull me anywhere maybe 2 moh at full throttle?? The clutch looks pretty bad idk which clutch would be best to get to prevent this in the future?

·
Registered
53 Posts
tighten your chain?? (move your wheel back)

...i had this happen to me when i first bought BULL from the guy i bought him from. opened the clutch assembly area and the clutch pads didn't even look worn...the chain wasn't causing enough tension to engage the assembly.

b_c

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's tight enough I just need a new clutch cause the pads are all torn I just don't know which is the toughest and will last long enough

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
perhaps when you crashed the fuel mixture got messed?.. maybe your running real rich.. pull the plug out and see what color it is.

if its silver... to lean (bad!)
if its black... to rich (nice and oily for the motor but you wont go nowhere!)

You want a nice goldish color

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Could we please get some more symptoms, or even a Youtube video?

What does the engine sound like, what does it do with the rear wheel off the ground, at what throttle position does the clutch engage the rear wheel to start it spinning?

Things like this are helpful to us mechaNICKs...

Nick. :thumbsup: :p :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I got a new clutch and it rode around for a few days and now again I can sit on it and almost go full rev and it doesn't pull me??

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
So I got a new clutch and it rode around for a few days and now again I can sit on it and almost go full rev and it doesn't pull me??
I've had the same problem in the past. Make sure you have the choke off before giving your bike some throttle. ;)

It might not be the solution but that's what made me fix the problem I had! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bell housing that the clutch grabs onto could be damaged. this will cause a new clutch to wear out really quick. did ya have a look at that?
i run them down with fine sandpaper to keep them smooth when i change a clutch. makes the grip better and helps to avoid scoring the new clutch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What size sprocket did you get?

I have a 55 tooth one, and at my 60 kg weight, it needs me to push off once or twice in order to give it some speed. But when it comes to top speed, i reach pretty high :)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If your shoes were not grabbing, the engine would rev real high and you would go slow. If your engine can not get up to speed, I would look for something else. Flat or under inflated tires will eat up power too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I pulled my plug and it's really black I was running 25:1, should I go 50:1 and also it revs high and doesn't go anywhere and I have a 7:60 gear ratio and I will deffinately run the sand paper thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I pulled my plug and it's really black I was running 25:1, should I go 50:1 and also it revs high and doesn't go anywhere and I have a 7:60 gear ratio and I will deffinately run the sand paper thanks!
7:60 might be a bit heavy for the bike, im only 60 kg, and that would barely pull me off the line...

Black plug means its running rich, no worries, but may be the culprit to why it cant pull you :)

Do not go 50:1, max recommended is 40:1 from what i hear, try 32:1. Also, how new is the engine?

Does the wheel spin when there is no weight on it?

How is the chain tension?
Try pushing your bike around when its off, is there any resistance or grinding sound?

Looking from the rear wheel towards the front of your bike, your chain should be straight, aligned with your sprocket and pinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna try a 6-60 and 32:1 ratio and see what that does it rolled fine before but with no weight the tire would spin

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like you may of installed the new clutch wrong.........You have to make sure you have fluid movement of the clutch arms before adding the springs............If you just added the clutch to the crank and didnt check for fluid movement I would and would also make sure the clutch mount is properly seated all the way onto the cranksnout....the chinese just slap them clutches together.they dont care if theyre too loose or too tight...........With a lil modding they can work better then intended.........Good luck finding the problem.............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I think I'm gonna get another clutch and make sure it is on perfectly and a larger rear sprocket, I had my gf ride it and it pulled her fine but she's only 100 lbs so I think I need a 68, or 72 tooth rear

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
After work my brother wanted to run the cags for a bit to unwind plus see if he could live up to all his smacktalk he did most of the day and while we were racing down the way we both encountered problems at almost the same exact second........

While at top revs ripping through the twisty the starter cog on the 5 port cag engaged the flywheel somehow and reshaped the spring backwards aswell as literally flung the pullstarter cord from the pullstarter housing.........

On the 2011 3 port 1 piece head Cag I busted a clutchpad mount screw which was easily fixed...............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts