Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do i need a new carb? my cag pocket bike turns off if i take the choke off. also it doesnt stay rnning unless i have the throttle pressed

HELP!

thanks,
josh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey i think your right because it does drip fuel from the carb when i tilt the bike back. So what do i have to do? Tighten the bolts holding on the carburetor? or do i need a new gasket.. Should i clean the carb while im at it??

Thanks

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Remove the carb.............Take the whole thing apart............Clean the needle tip and seat really good with cleaner and a q-tip...............

Id do the petcock mod to eliminate any other problems........

Reassemble the carb and make sure you adjust the float forks so the float sits like the pic.......

Theres cheap and free mods you can do with a dremel,,cheap mig welder,,grinder,,chopsaw with abrasive wheel and some skills....................

Id remove the pullstarter and check the pickup coil and flywheel for rust......If rusty remove the coil,,de-rust both ,,clean them up and reinstall to a .020" gap betwen the magnets and the pickup coil...............

Another thing to do is upgrade the sparkwire to a better quality one from an automotive set and a NGK sparkplug #BM6A gapped to .030"

Good Luck getting your bike running right..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts