Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cag runs good for about the first 5 minutes of riding, it than wants to start stalling when I give it throttle. It starts right back up but keeps stalling when trying to ride again. Any suggestion on what might be causing this? Is this a tuning issue?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If your float level is to low the carb can suck the bowl dry. If its to high the carb leaks. If the mainjet or float bowl are dirty, it can stall. Your rubber behind the white gas turn off knob could be bad and blocking flow. Or you could be building up a vacuum inside the gas tank, from the poor stock cap. I put a fitting in the gas cap so it can breath.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I have the same problem with my sons bike. I havnt checked the reeds yet. To make sure they not all jacked up from a wheelie crash.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well try moving it up and the bike is.having problems if.you have to it up a lot , also it depends where you live ? Altitude makes the air.more dense meaning that u might have to run it lean.or rich depending on ur locations and look for any intake leaks or anything that would stop fuel from flowing

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would try a bigger main jet, .64mm is stock, for you a .66 or .68mm would be better. On this bikes if you change the exh and or carb you have to go to bigger jets. hkmotos online has Cag Jet Kits $6 to $10 shipped, there the long thin ones.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
The coil could be failing... I've had a lot of trouble with coils lately... When the are failing they run better cold and as it gets hot its acts up more.. I'd try a new coil...

Good luck

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have gotten bad new coil on Cags, one member here before was right when he said, Never order 2 or more of the same part, cause they will throw in one bad part. I ordered two 3rd bearing clutch housing & one came w/ a bent bell, like 3/16" off, they were in 1" of bubble wrap and the outside of the package looked good, don't think it happened in shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.