Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently acquired a Cag in a trade that wasnt running. I got it to run but my problem is the rear wheel is spinning pretty rapidly at idle when on the stand. I've turned down the idle screw all the way until it dies, so the idle being to high is not the problem. Is this a bad clutch? If so there a special tool I need to pull the clutch off or can I just pry it off?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Sounds like you have a busted clutchspring or a massively rusted clutch....It just takes 4 sockethead screws to remove the clutchbell to see whats needed to be replaced........

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Ebay and Amazon has new clutch cheap.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Remove the 3 springs, and run 2 or 3 bolts thru the threaded holes up to the cases and pop it off, it's an a tapered shaft so it locks its self on.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks guys for the input. Any advice on pulling the clutch without a clutch pulling tool?
If you buy a new clutch you dont have to remove the old clutch mount,,,just take the 3 springs w/3 clutchpad arms off the new mount and install them onto the existing clutchpad mount............No puller required with a simple swapover..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
But now you need racing springs, or drill holes in the clutch arms to make them better. Are they steel or alum arm clutches?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.