Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cag that i have it for sale now because i got a better pocketbike an x2, i owned the bike for over 12 months, i got the bike in a not working condition so i had to experiment alot and see everything how it worked before i started fixing stuff right. meaning i have plenty of experience when it comes to cag and i would b more than happy to help some1 that might be having problem with their cag :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a normal cag pocket bike. And one cag pocket bike with most upgrades. They are extremely hard to start and take many pulls(20). There in great condition and havent spotted anyhing wrong with them. Is that normal?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Try pouring alitle gas on your air filter or down your carb and see if it starts easier, you might need a bigger main jet or clean it, raise your carb needle, or adjust your float level.

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
223 Posts
how much are you selling it for? ..i personally havent owned a cag ( a bit on the small side for my likings!) but im sure others would be interested in your asking price?!?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I have a normal cag pocket bike. And one cag pocket bike with most upgrades. They are extremely hard to start and take many pulls(20). There in great condition and havent spotted anyhing wrong with them. Is that normal?
Sounds like a reed issue............

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Any pictures of them?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Good looking cag's.

I've done alot of work in the frederick area.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
In 49cc bikes pull start and electric start you have cateye,x1,2,3,7,8 and kick start and electric start in 4stroke 50cc x12 and in 110cc x7,15,18,19,22. I think i might be missing a few. X7 comes with a 49cc and 110cc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anybody else agree with this.

"Try pouring alitle gas on your air filter or down your carb and see if it starts easier"

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Times i use a plasic spray bottle with gas/ alittle oil mix. Its works. Also if its really really cold or it doesnt want to start no matter what ill do a light short spray of start fluid. Starter fluid isnt good for it tho.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I put gas in the carb or on top the air filter all the time, I have a bunch of bikes to start somedays. If it has not been run a week, it just makes it easier to start, esp., when it's cold out which means you need a bigger main jet cause the air is denser.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello. I have tried poring gas in the carb and on the air filter. It doesn't work any better than before(20 pulls). Any other tips?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts