Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all you do here man!!!! Can't tell you how many times your posts have helped me out... I almost feel like a pro now.. :rolleyes:

But Cudos to you man!!!!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Without Cam2 I would still be lost,lol. StrayDawg63 has helped me alot and some others too. Having tire and wheel problems right now, trying to get it all sorted out. Sorry I took the treaded tires off, for the ultra soft slicks, the rear went on great the front tire is at the shop, might have over stretched it on the tire machine, the bead does not want to seal. PB Parts has front and rear PB tubes for $7.50 ea, think I am going to order a couple of pair,lol.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Without Cam2 I would still be lost,lol. StrayDawg63 has helped me alot and some others too. Having tire and wheel problems right now, trying to get it all sorted out. Sorry I took the treaded tires off, for the ultra soft slicks, the rear went on great the front tire is at the shop, might have over stretched it on the tire machine, the bead does not want to seal. PB Parts has front and rear PB tubes for $7.50 ea, think I am going to order a couple of pair,lol.
Did you try the rope trick?? Take a strong rope and wrap it around the tire, then get a long screwdriver or rod and wind the rope up tight so it pushes the center of the tire in torwards the rim and at the same time it pushes the beads out.. Then try to fill it with High pressure while tight. Over 70 or so PSI should get it to pop on and start filling!!

Just a shot in the dark, im sure the tube will work..... ;)

Oh ya, and props to StrayDawg too, He has helped me out also but you and Cam are allways here... Cheers to that!!!

Jon

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I ordered 2 sets of tubes front & rear for the 6.5" rims. My buddy at the auto repair has one that won't bead up there in the Sun then their going to try, but I think I stretched nylon web inbetween the rubber cause one spot the bead is caved in alittle. Tried the rope and all kinds of things, till my brain was smoked, then gave it to my buddy. I have 5 new scooter 3.00 X 4" tubes I could stretch to 6" in the center of the C1 front wheel,lol.
If they can't get it to seal going to put a tube in the front, my compressor goes to 150lbs and a 21 gal tank. I don't even know if a tube will make it go to the outside of the rim where it seals. I can tell you this, a Cag rear wheel does not fit a C1 frame the center part with the bearings is 1/2" to wide, that's what started this mess, Changing wheels from my L7 Cag to the C1, then I had to order tires and 2 new coils for the C1, sorry I ever started this, was supposed to be putting the SS racing exh on,lol.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have that on CD, the best of the Fixx, was originally recored in analog and dubbed to Digital format later,lol. Red Skies at Night and the Saved by O song. Back to waiting for parts,lol. Like Duran Duran, Hungry Like the Wolf alot too, good song to sing while your racing,lol,lol.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I ordered 2 sets of tubes front & rear for the 6.5" rims. My buddy at the auto repair has one that won't bead up there in the Sun then their going to try, but I think I stretched nylon web inbetween the rubber cause one spot the bead is caved in alittle. Tried the rope and all kinds of things, till my brain was smoked, then gave it to my buddy. I have 5 new scooter 3.00 X 4" tubes I could stretch to 6" in the center of the C1 front wheel,lol.
If they can't get it to seal going to put a tube in the front, my compressor goes to 150lbs and a 21 gal tank. I don't even know if a tube will make it go to the outside of the rim where it seals. I can tell you this, a Cag rear wheel does not fit a C1 frame the center part with the bearings is 1/2" to wide, that's what started this mess, Changing wheels from my L7 Cag to the C1, then I had to order tires and 2 new coils for the C1, sorry I ever started this, was supposed to be putting the SS racing exh on,lol.
The tube will pop the bead really well..dont sell a tube short......All the rear tires in my towtruck have innertubes aswell as the mickey thompsons I had on the rear of my 69 cutlass........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Well my buddy got the tire to bead, after a day in the hot sun, it's back on now. Going to start grinding the inside welds on the SS pipe and try to mount it tomorrow. I was looking at the wide beads on the inside of the tubless tires, not alot of space left for a tube inbetween even when the tires up against the bead. I have two front and rear Cag tubes coming from PB Parts, So I have them here, still have 2 sets of wheels and rims w/ tubes in them.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Rains coming in northern California, Sunday night thru tues. and maybe wed and thur. alittle. Have to put away the bikes and cover the ATV w/ 6mil black plastic,lol. The pipes are not to bad inside, but inside the head pipe I can make it atleast 1/8" bigger by grinding the welds,lol. You know me, can't stop modding stuff,lol. The C1 is back together, plus had to put the front wheel back on the L7. The coil is breaking up on the C1, have 2 coming from hk in China, that and my new Cag cases for the 40mm Z1 piston and a C1 50cc 39mm piston kit. Going to use a stock 12mm 49cc crank out of my A2, and try to lighten everything on the DaytonaZ1 engine, I just made that up,lol, going for RPMs. With one ring piston, less drag more rpms. The piston will stick out of the ADA 40mm cyld, so might have to raise the cyld up with a teflon spacer or what ever I can come up with. Maybe a 1/16" thick piece of copper & make my own base gasket. Might be a good engine for Cag racing bikes, its a 40mm like a 47cc, so when you enter you tell them its a 47cc,lol.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
TY EPR and CAM2 for your posts. Its helped me out on my bikes.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rains coming in northern California, Sunday night thru tues. and maybe wed and thur. alittle. Have to put away the bikes and cover the ATV w/ 6mil black plastic,lol. The pipes are not to bad inside, but inside the head pipe I can make it atleast 1/8" bigger by grinding the welds,lol. You know me, can't stop modding stuff,lol. The C1 is back together, plus had to put the front wheel back on the L7. The coil is breaking up on the C1, have 2 coming from hk in China, that and my new Cag cases for the 40mm Z1 piston and a C1 50cc 39mm piston kit. Going to use a stock 12mm 49cc crank out of my A2, and try to lighten everything on the DaytonaZ1 engine, I just made that up,lol, going for RPMs. With one ring piston, less drag more rpms. The piston will stick out of the ADA 40mm cyld, so might have to raise the cyld up with a teflon spacer or what ever I can come up with. Maybe a 1/16" thick piece of copper & make my own base gasket. Might be a good engine for Cag racing bikes, its a 40mm like a 47cc, so when you enter you tell them its a 47cc,lol.
Haha, you got the C1 back together and the coil went out?!?! Sorry man. Seems you have luck like me... But my luck is changin for the better... hah:rolleyes: I can dream right? It was sprinkling here today. I wanted to go set up my parking lot track tomorrow but we will see if the weather clears a little.. I wont complain about the rain, we do need it..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, I saw the cloud down there on the news last nite, but did not see any other clouds behind it, our rain comes in late tonight, got to cover my ATV w/ 6 mill plastic,lol. Thur and next weekend+ are going to be sunny. Pretty sure its the coil, it was breaking up before I worked on it I changed the plug and looked at the spark when it first started. I have the first coil before this one in a plastic jar,lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.