Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally took the bolt off to the cam shaft tensioner. when i did i noticed a good bit of oil came out. I did put the spring back in, but I was told to put the same oil thats in my motor in the hole.
Help! do I flip the bike upside down to do this or is there a place to fill it? and how much oil do I put?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I don't know foresure, but I have an X18 110cc. There is an oil pump inside the engine. It pumps oil under pressure to all the moving parts, the left head side cover has a gasket oil oil goes thru it. I put an oil cooler on mine so I had to replace that cover with theirs. The oil from that pump should pump oil the cam chain tensioner, I believe. You know that your engine is a China clone of a Honda 110cc engine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know foresure, but I have an X18 110cc. There is an oil pump inside the engine. It pumps oil under pressure to all the moving parts, the left head side cover has a gasket oil oil goes thru it. I put an oil cooler on mine so I had to replace that cover with theirs. The oil from that pump should pump oil the cam chain tensioner, I believe. You know that your engine is a China clone of a Honda 110cc engine.
thats great thinking. thank you

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Hey, I found a mistake in my post, it's the right head cover I took off to put the cooler on, and I believe it oil pressure goes thru the shaft thats in the middle. All my real Hondas like my CB1100F road racer had 100lbs of pressure on the gauge I installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.