Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im a total newb to the pocket bike scheme. I bought 2 pocketbikes the other day. One of them needs a pullstart and the other is just a rolling frame so it needs an engine. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me identify these bikes?? Oh and i payed 70 for both and a 6hp engine.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
first one looks like a cag? i think. and the second one is a cateye.

that 6hp engine is not for pocket bikes... but if you got a welder and grinder, you can make it fit.... into the cateye.

EDIT: oh ya and welcome to the forums!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
MT-A2 Cag/Daytona and a Cateye, in that order. The A2 is missing the lower half of the fairing. That engine alone is worth almost triple the price you paid for everything .... good score!

Putting a 6.5hp engine into a Cateye frame has been done here before, but as Blue said, just needs a grinder, a welder, and some patience to do so. Mainly you have to fab up custom mounts, then get a clutch and chain to fit up the the rear wheel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

Thanks for all the responses!! Yeah i wasnt planning on putting that engine on. Im putting the engine on a go kart that im going to sell. Im making a profit of 25 bucks on the engine. (told the guy i payed 65 but really only payed 40) and the kart is getting me some cash too because i got it for free then made it look pretty :D

Does anyone here know which engine is the one that belongs in that "cateye" that wouldnt require any modifications to work? Like just bolt up and go?

I was thinking just any 50cc engine but i realize now that there are different styles....

Thanks,
Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts