Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to but a mx650 and possibly mod it to go faster where will I be able to ride my mx650. I read somewhere that you can ride it on the sidewalk but what if there is no sidewalk. If I mod it is there any regulations I have to look out for. I like in new Jersey btw.

Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
3,701 Posts
You have to check with your local laws rules and regulations on motor sizes battery size speed limit and such for EVs a lot of cities now are passing laws stating that it has to have peddles to qualify as an electric bicycle in that case your MX650 would qualify as a motorcycle but in any case that would be your local police department that would be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think, once it goes so fast, it'll need to be insured and registered. So, ask about max speeds allowed. If it's just for leisure, I wouldn't worry about it. But, if you're trying to commute with it, that's a wholenothercanofworms. lol. Also, I think NJ is being like NY, but to the extreme, and cracking down on just about anything two wheeled. That includes bicycles. So, yeah. Asking the PD is the best decision you can make.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts