Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My boys each have a Razor Ground Force Drifter and I just got one for myself. It is pretty sluggish with me on it, 200lbs. I have looked at all of other builds and they look awesome, but can get pricey. Has anyone ever put a 6V 9ah battery on their 24V system (2 12v 9ah batteries right now)? I realize I would have to charge the 6 volt separately, but will it work properly? Will there be issues with the different voltage batteries? Will this setup prematurely kill batteries? Lots of people say overvolting to 36v fries controllers and motors pretty quickly, but I was hoping that 30v might allow for a few more MPH and be sustainable long term.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Mixing batteries is a very very bad idea.

If you upgrade to an 800 watt kit you can still use the lead acid batteries have more power and maintain the reliability.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,
My boys each have a Razor Ground Force Drifter and I just got one for myself. It is pretty sluggish with me on it, 200lbs. I have looked at all of other builds and they look awesome, but can get pricey. Has anyone ever put a 6V 9ah battery on their 24V system (2 12v 9ah batteries right now)? I realize I would have to charge the 6 volt separately, but will it work properly? Will there be issues with the different voltage batteries? Will this setup prematurely kill batteries? Lots of people say overvolting to 36v fries controllers and motors pretty quickly, but I was hoping that 30v might allow for a few more MPH and be sustainable long term.
Your best bet is to buy a 36v controller, throttle, and a third battery, same as the other 2. $100 or less. You will have a little bit more low end power and more top speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts