Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang...it's been awhile since I was in here and alot has happened since, but that's a very long story...

I still ride, not race pb's, now it's flat-track dirt ovals, and of course ride'n Ol'Blue around in the mountains of BC.

Lots has been go'n on in here too I see, many new members with the same old questions...some things never change eh...lol.

My Nitrous-Ninja and C5 are still with me and love to ride them...yaknow what? the C5 hasn't blown up yet, still eats Banshee's at will, love it...lol

The pb dragster is still on the table, just not finished yet, maybe this year I get to blast it down the strip.

Business is good plus back in the tool-room, so very busy as of lately.

I never forgot this site or the folks who contribute and moderate now, Hi Nick, hope all is well, and Spy and the rest of the old gang...

ciao fer now...

Bud

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Glad everything is going good for you. Still working on many projects at the same time, now that Winter is here,lol.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanx EPR, I guess some have come and gone eh, but the few who are still here are stallwarts,...beyond the entheusiest...lol

Just hope all is well with the PBP and the members, and ride-on gang...

ttyl...Bud

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
Glad to here it Pegdrag! I'm still around here and there, but not like he good old days.

ps

Gotta love those blata rep engines, so many are still around compared to lets say the banshee engines... :)

Double ps

I changed my username from Nick to what it is now, in case you didn't know it's me.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
NaSa, glad your back, just got the C1 running again today. Have not rode it yet, but with the 8 percent rocket & SKF bearing & seals, Red Viton water shaft seal. The new SS racing exhaust it Quiet, but sounds good. The bearings spin so free that I had to set the idle down on the carb.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I CERTAINLY CAN'T WIN SOME

Almost every time I buy something it's defective. Last year I got a C1 reed block and at the time had subconsciously noticed a small line along the wedge of the reed and didn't think much..well turns out it was a crack, but too late to return it.

I also purchased a two C1 crankcases and one of the case halves are cut too short on the reed block. Tried to return it, but refuse to pay the shipping back to China for a refund. I know exactly how to fix this issue..but highly prefer a set of cases without this issue.

Or anytime I buy two of something one of them is defective, like the crankcase ^story^. Or if I buy multiple gaskets, at least one of them will be defective, like having a piece cut off.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's insane, someone mixed cases halves, they are machined with the pins in the cases, no way they could be off like that. What about the cylinder side of the cases. I would go to PayPal or Visa or who ever and report them.
I think JB Weld will fix the reed block.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's insane, someone mixed cases halves, they are machined with the pins in the cases, no way they could be off like that. What about the cylinder side of the cases. I would go to PayPal or Visa or who ever and report them.
I think JB Weld will fix the reed block.
Yes, the cylinder decking is fine and the pin is also in place. Paypal always seems to be in favor of the seller. They wanted me to send it back and the policy for returns is you pay shipping for overseas...so I'm just going to fix it.

Seeing how cheap and easily the plastic reed broke, I may just make a solid pour mold of the old reed and cast a new reed block out of solid JB weld. Then hollow out the intake, etc.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Clean it good and JB Weld the crack, I have JB inside one of my carbs, it's strong and gas & oil don't effect it. If it don't work then make a mold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.