Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I got paid, went out to get a new battery for my mini bike. I figured why not go to walmart there prices are always dropping according the commercial, well they had a bunch of small batteries some look like they MIGHT fit, but they are $35+ each and the ones that look to fit cost $45+. Ok thats out of my price range for a battery... So I stopped at auto zone with the stock battery in hand. Ask the guy he just keeps wanting to know the model it came out of. I told him a chinese mini bike with a bootleg honda motor. He looked for a while until I couldnt stand watching him go through hundreds of honda motors looking for the right battery. I would rather buy a battery in person at a real shop then on the internet ($32 on amazon.com) So my question would be if I went to autozone what model can I tell the guy I have to get the correct size/working battery? If anyone knows I would be extremely grateful.
PS The guy at autozone had no interest in the actual size of any of the batteries he was more worried about the actual model (of the mini bike) then the battery size itself.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I would try a lawn mower shop, or even a motorcycle shop, Car and truck batteries are WAY larger!

Online batteries can be fine, but lots of them have been sitting in the warehouse way too long, but, I've paid for bad batteries from autozone too, their "charging" policies are way to relaxed... I guess they cant afford the 20 cents to keep the batteries charged up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well walmart and autozone carry lawn mower and motorcycle batteries, but I cannot find one that is the correct size. Walmart has them all out on a shelf, you can look at all of the ones they have. Autozone does not they ask for a "Make/Model/Year" and then go into the back and get the specific battery as what the computer tells them. My last battery I ordered online and it lasted less then a year, this is why I want to get one in person, face to face.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
did you keep the battery charged up with a battery Tender Jr or something like that?

as long as it's 12Volt and the Amps (cca / ca / amp hours) are close, the battery dimensions are the only other thing to think about.

even good batteries will die if they run down to less than 9Volts or so too many times...

maybe find one that could be rigged to fit? <as long as it's close!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guy at the other auto parts store was alot smarter! He found the battery, only problem is they want $75?!?! Something doesn't seem right to me, but I am just going to order it online.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
you shoulda done the walmart deal, thats a good price for a battery, do you want to get a good one or buy a new one every year
and you can take it back to walmart if you need to

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well today I got paid, went out to get a new battery for my mini bike. I figured why not go to walmart there prices are always dropping according the commercial, well they had a bunch of small batteries some look like they MIGHT fit, but they are $35+ each and the ones that look to fit cost $45+. Ok thats out of my price range for a battery... So I stopped at auto zone with the stock battery in hand. Ask the guy he just keeps wanting to know the model it came out of. I told him a chinese mini bike with a bootleg honda motor. He looked for a while until I couldnt stand watching him go through hundreds of honda motors looking for the right battery. I would rather buy a battery in person at a real shop then on the internet ($32 on amazon.com) So my question would be if I went to autozone what model can I tell the guy I have to get the correct size/working battery? If anyone knows I would be extremely grateful.
PS The guy at autozone had no interest in the actual size of any of the batteries he was more worried about the actual model (of the mini bike) then the battery size itself.
I have a brand new X18 battery I don't need $20+ shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just purchased a way better scorpion battery than that other crap. For $41 free ship at batterystuff.com under motorcycles title running better than ever great deal they also have cheaper high performance batteries no acid refilling check out

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
bought the 5lb one from walmart today for my x18 rep and it works just fine. It's a little smaller but I'm happy with my buy. And yeah it was $35.

Wal-mart, dropping prices every day!

My buddy Mike is a Pharm-Tech at a local wal-mart pharmacy, he had a guy waddle up to him just a week or so ago, 30-something walking like he was 100, wanted to know where the hemorrhoid cream was!

True Story! :p:thumbsup: <----I'm Left Handed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts