Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found it on [hotlink]X7 Parts Super Pocket Bike buy , X7 Pocket Bike Parts, X7 Mods, Pocket Bike Tuning, Authorized Dealer, Wholesale Pocket Bike Parts[/url] under the X7 parts page. i'm looking at the carburetor kit halfway down on the right side. comes with a butterfly valve walbro carb, juice box, filter, v stack and choke for $139. i'm also looking for an exhaust pipe, possibly the stinger tip or power pipe from PBU [hotlink]

any thoughts or suggestions? thanks guys.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sdscooters interestingly enough doesn't post pictures on the website. i'll call them or e-mail them requesting pics before i order anything, and if they send them i'll post em' here. it's sorta strange, considering how big their site is that they don't just have pictures...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Becareful if you are changing carbs from a 15mm Walbro rep carb which has a piston w/ a hole in it and it turns. If you change to a WT603 or 813 you will need a different manifold than stock, and got I a GSR 40 billet alum manifold at Dave's for $16 and moved the bottom mounting hole over about 5/16th of an inch, put a boost fitting in the top, fits like a glove.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Or a $10-$12 adaptor plate between the stock manifold & bigger carb. Might as well get a GSR40 $16 billet manifold and drill one extra hole at the bottom. Then 1 hole on top offset to miss the bolt hole for a $20 BIS boost bottle w/ fitting. Then you can bolt up a 15mm V-stack and Cag HP air filter.
Dave's motors still has them and $37 Billet manifolds for the 43-49cc Zenoah piston port engines

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
That kit is for a 47-49cc Cag case reed engine. Are we talking about a Zenoah or Cag engine??

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm actually leaning more towards this now. Fast Pocket Bikes it's almost as much money and doesn't come with a juice box, but the website is definitely more legit and I haven't been able to get a hold of SD Scooters about pictures of the kit.

Plus this one should bolt straight on, and I can always run a boost bottle set up instead of a juice box. Or by the juice box separately.

Come to think of it, since I'll need an exhause I may just get the stage 2 kit from PBU.

http://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/R6STAGE2.html

Thoughts?

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True story, but I'm more concerned with good product. From what I can tell PBU is known for being sorta pricey, but having good quality to their stuff. I'll pay the extra to avoid the headaches.

And as always, it will be with VISA.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Its alittle pricey, but can't tell if it is a real Walbro, there is no bulb on top, and they have it sitting on a V stack in the photo. Its not a WT 603 or 813. On Ebay you can find an alum OEM intake manifold and fill in the pulse channel with JB Weld till its just a hole, get or make a boost bottle.
I would call them on the phone, or email them. they helped me w/ my X18, they could have sold me a jet kit & a bunch of other stuff, but told me I did not need it, and they where right.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The carb on the stage kit does have a bulb on the top. If you blow up the picture you can see it, it's just clear. I talked to them and it is a H.P. Walbro carb. They said you can run just about any 49cc carb on my engine but you may have to adjust the mounting holes like you were talking about. They assured me this one bolts right up tho.

I'm gonna keep looking around a bit as I'm not in any huge rush but this is definitely the best looking all around performance kit I've found so far. I was pretty impressed by their customer service too. I'll definitely be swapping the manifold when I run the boost bottle on it.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
For that engine you need a Walbro WT813, w/ acell pump for take off, about $45 at Dave's has no choke,so you need a $9.50 3/4" choke plate and a 19mm $8 V-stack and 44-45mm ID foam air filter, on a $16-$37 billet manifold, & $20 boost bottle. So, $100-$120 you have a Great setup, and put a HP exhaust, and you won't believe the difference.
Put the 813, on a billet manifold, bottle, and Jet Pro exhaust, much quicker than stock.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I PMed you with the parts numbers and prices for the parts at Dave's. It is hard to navigate there so type the numbers in there search box, and you can see or buy it from there. Have Fun. That acell pump in the 813, made a big difference in take off, and the Jet Pro helps too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts