Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This week i have been battling with my carb trying to get my new project bike working (Cateye). I have finally narrowed it down that i need a new carb. Im too impatient to wait for my part to come O.O so i decided to try a few fixes myself, while trying multiple fixes i came across one that had my carb running better then ever. No more leaks , my primer bubble works, great gas flow, and my bike starts!

To start you'll need a few things:

Some gooey gasket maker, multiple kinds available that work i happened to use what i have left from the boat, so i used "Amazing Goop" wich can cause slight irretation on the skin wich i encountered after reading the instructions that said " gloved should be used at all times "... :(

You'll need two small vice grips or clamps for when it dries ( 5 minutes)

Some carb + choke cleaner, most carb cleaners or any cleaner will work

and a sewing needle.

First take apart your carb then start with your cleaning, take a sewing needle like in the picture and put it where you see it in the small jet tube. and then use your carb spray to spray it down the neeedle or if you have jet spray spray it down the tube.
then you'll want to pray carb cleaner through most of the holes and creases that could get clogged or build up.

For me i had to clean out the primer bulb holes using cleaner and a sewing needle. then to stop from leaking i sealed it and vice gripped it.

I put the screws in so it wouldn't be crooked. dont worry you can take apart your carb even after it dries!

then i noticed that my bowl gasket and my bowl was dirty and there was no way it could work with out this gasket on there.

So i put a coat of the gloop on the perimeter and sealed it from air and gas escape.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8113/86953290.jpg

I viced it and let it dry for 5 minutes,

I couldn't really show more because of my image limit, but then use the remaining two rubber gaskets to put them back on like normal making sure their flat and airtight , then screw it all back together let it site for 10 minutes before putting the gas lines on and your ready to go!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
No Wonder you work for The Coolest Company on EaRtH! Good Job taking it apart and just diving in!

I bet you work HARD, so you Deserve some fun on the weekends!

The one thing I would like more than to work for the big dude (Mr Gates) would be to Hit The Lotto! ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id LOVE to win the lottery ahah , but sadly im always so close haha , i still need a new carb but wanted to ride my pocketbike to my brothers bday so had to do it somehow haha

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Man and I thought I was impatient, nice fix, most of the time I make my own parts if I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there any way u can post a video or more pics because i have a x1 with carb problems when i push the prim button it flow back in the tank plz help anything will help

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
There is a return line back to the tank, when you push the bulb it pulls gas from the tank to the carb inlet, thru the carb and out the return line back to your tank. Any gas the carb don't use goes back. See the green gas line to my gas cap to a breather I made with a chev. truck brake bleeder screw, that's my return from my WT603 Walbro carb.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like the internal fuel strainer is clogged and the internal fuel nedle is stuck not allowing fuel into the venturi...............

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Check your in tank filter/strainer & lines, maybe its time for a $15 New Ebay carb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts