Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondering what that rubber hose coming off the carb is. is it a drain or something. cause it was on the muffler pipe and the end melted togethor.should i cut the melted part off and have it open on the end.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
The hose coming off the bottom of the carburetor is the overflow tube. If your float gets stuck, or there's some grit int he bowl of the carburetor, the float needle won't seal correctly, and the bike will leak through that tube .... and if you haven't turned the gas off, your entire tank will slowly empty out all over your garage floor.

·
Registered
245 Posts
So yes cut the melted end off an tuck it somewhere it won't get melted again, keep it below the float bowl though, a zapstrap wouldn't hurt if its determined to touch the pipe

·
Registered
62 Posts
x19 stock Carb Question

hello i was wondering how to cleanand tune my caz my bike keep shutting off by it self my carb step by step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cant seem to get my overflow to stop leaking i have tore the whole carb apart numerous times and cleaned it but it still leaks? do you guys have any input as to what it might be. if tried adjusting the float but ti still leaks. should i take the pin out of the float arm that regulates the gas and clean it out. i think it might be sticking a little.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sounds like the float needle is not sealing off the gas flow when the bowl is full, so it keeps running. I would look for a new $15 carb or an after market if you can afford it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I cant seem to get my overflow to stop leaking i have tore the whole carb apart numerous times and cleaned it but it still leaks? do you guys have any input as to what it might be. if tried adjusting the float but ti still leaks. should i take the pin out of the float arm that regulates the gas and clean it out. i think it might be sticking a little.
Yeah you should do that, soak all the parts in white spirits and clean them with a tooth brush. try adding a drop of fuel into the fuel tap while holding the valve in by hand and see if any gets through.
Also, when you strip down the carb for cleaning, get a thin cable that you can push down through the hole where the fuel tap sits and straight through to the bowl. it'll help clear out any crap that might be building up in there. its not uncommon for them to gunk up from too much 2 stroke, water in the fuel etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the hel guys. i got the overflow to sto leaing. now the bowl right around the gasket is leaking. im thinking its a bad seal with the gasket. do you guys have any thoughts as to what this is and how to fix it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is it a paper gasket or a rubber one? if its paper make sure you leave it off long enough for it to dry out or else it won't seal as well. Also if its paper make sure its not torn anywhere or coming apart

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's not supposed to be enough fuel in the bowl for it to leak out that seal either so i'd look at the float and the fuel cut off pin inside and see if you still have too much getting in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i bought aq new carb. put it on and now the motor only fans up for a couple seconds. its not getting fuel i think. i dunno how to fix it any ideas how i can get this motor running you guys are lots of help thanks a bunch.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I would take the tank off or clean it. if it still has the black gas lines, throw them get some 1/4" ID gas line and a $2 VW gas filter. Even new carbs can be bad. On the old carb, take the two screws out of the white knob fuel shut off and see if it is torn and blocking you gas flow. Check the main jet unscrew it make sure the passage ways are clean. Do the JB Weld mod on the knob and drill it out one size bigger, I bore down into the carb too. Then you need a small engine shut off knob. That will eliminate most of the common problems w/ your carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts