Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have a mototec demon 50cc 2-stroke mini dirt bike, I've been ordering a few mods for it, so far I picked up a HD clutch and fiberglass reeds, and I'd like to get a high performance carburetor...would that be a worthwhile mod and could anyone reccomend a size/model carburetor? There are plenty for sale on ebay, I want to make sure that I order the correct one. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
I do the wide mouth mod petcock delete and bowl mod to the stock carburetor the most powerful CAG engine I have still uses the stock carby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated! This little bike has been a blast, and it's been easy to work on so far. Glad I came across this site. Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys! I ran into some issues with the stock carb, gas started leaking from the overflow line pretty bad, I tried fixing it with no luck. I get a bit nervous about working on carbs because Im not very experienced at it, so I figured I was taking the safe route by ordering an 11mm replacement (that'sthe size it came with) ($15). Installation was easy, and it doesn't leak, but here's the issue...the bike has less power...I can hold the throttle wide open and it struggles to take off with me on it (I weigh 147 lbs), and once it gets rolling, it's still very sluggish, and it starts harder as well. With the old carb, one pull and it fired up...now its 5 or 6 pulls. I installed carbon fiber reeds while I had the carb off..I didn't expect major power gains but I didn't expect a loss of power, either. Im wondering if this is a jet issue? These carbs are so cheap Im tempted to order one of those Dell'orto sha 14mm copies instead of messing around with this one. I just want the bike to be drivable. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Take the sha 14 copy, it's the easyest carb on the cag engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts