Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mototec Demon
6 Posts
If it bogs down wants to die at wide open throttle then it's setup to lean and the needle needs to be raised up if fuel dumps out the over flow then the float hight needs to be adjusted by carefully bending the tang.

They are never properly setup from the factory the adjustments are part of dealership prep if you did not buy from a dealer then you have to adjust the carby yourself
Yo! New here! I am having the "die at [nearly] wide open throttle" problem on my Mototec Demon described here, but only randomly. So do you mean adjust the needle that is operated by the tange, or the main jet? Or do you mean the idle adjustment screw/needle? I am at altitude so I have the jet tuned as lean as possible...

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,530 Posts
Is your carb a round slide?? If yes pull the top where the cable goes in, screws off, in there is the needle and has 5 adjustments for the main jet. Raise the needle by lowering the clip.

·
Registered
Mototec Demon
6 Posts
Yes, my carb is as you describe. Well, I'm at altitude - in Colorado - so does that still apply? The carb came with jet adjusted with clip all the way lowered. It was running insanely rich. I then adjusted by moving clip all the way up so as to keep needle lower. It then ran much better, but would randomly die. So then I opened up whole carb and found a TON of junk in there, in the pilot jet/needle... cleaned it all out. THEN it stopped getting fuel to the carburetor. Why? Well it has a fuel shut off valve way up by gas tank and no gas was getting past that. I am now taking new fuel line and bypassing that valve to see if that fixes...

Anyway, so maybe I play with that main jet and where the clip is a bit to see what works at altitude? So many things going wrong at once it's hard to diagnose!! thanks!!!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,530 Posts
Yes it is difficult at times. Yeah with also check the petcock, the shutoff on the carb, they are terrible. I suggest the petcock mod. And a new shutoff valve in the fuel line.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts