Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright straight to the point. What is the real difference between a High Performance carb and a stock one?? They are both made in china or Taiwan or etc... ?? So what's the real difference? What does the high performance carb do that the stock doesn't?

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i either posted this in the wrong section or it was indeed a good question! i mean, we all spend our hard earned $$$ on these so-called "High Performance" parts...so i was just curious as to WHAT were actually paying for! like i stated, the HP parts are still made in China! lol

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
i either posted this in the wrong section or it was indeed a good question! i mean, we all spend our hard earned $$$ on these so-called "High Performance" parts...so i was just curious as to WHAT were actually paying for! like i stated, the HP parts are still made in China! lol
Real Walbro HP carbs arent made in China.....Anything thats chinese made into a rep isnt truley high performance unless you rebuild or rework it to be high performance..You can get as caught-up in the HP upgrades just as easily as the ads hype you up into beleiving youre getting a supermachine for pennies on the dollar...........

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
true, what would i do without you CAM? ....a second thought also come to mind.. correct me if im wrong, but the HP carbs also have 3 jets, idol, low, and high, whereas the stock carbs only have 2, idol and high, correct?????

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
true, what would i do without you CAM? ....a second thought also come to mind.. correct me if im wrong, but the HP carbs also have 3 jets, idol, low, and high, whereas the stock carbs only have 2, idol and high, correct?????
The 14/12,14/14 floater carbs like DelOrttos have 1 jet,,,a mainjet

The other carbs like the 19mm w/3 jets..the 3 jets are Choke,,Pilot and Main..Yep the choke circuit has a jet......

If your referring to the 3 small tiny holes in a hp carb like a Walbro pumper carb...The carb only has two circuit screws,,Low and High...

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
To get more horsepower you need more RPMs, for the engine to breath at 10,000 RPMs need a bigger carb, intake and good tuned Fatty exhaust pipe. Dave's just had Walbro WT-813 carbs for $36.99, on Black Friday.
Here is a Walbro w/ V-stack on a Cateye head.

Attachments

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is that intake aluminum? that is bad ***... i know this might not sound good, but who's "dave's"? ...i need parts like this bad!!!

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Yes, I got it online, for $12.99 and $3 S/H. Put Yamabond in the lower part of pulse slot and made a gasket that cover the bottom of the intake where it is below the 603 or 813 carb. Drilled and tapped a 1/8" NPT taper hole in the top of the manifold and put a 5/16" brass barbed fittng w/ a male 1/8" pipe thread for $2, and teflon tape and a boost bottle which you can make your self.
You should see my Red Head Hot Rod piston port engine w/ a 19mm Walbro HDA223 purge carb on a GS460 20mm purge intake manifold.

Attachments

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Don't know how fast, it has only been on the engine stand and it's still real new, but it is a high compression ported engine. Might put it in a sidecar racer I want to build, I might put my twin Cag drag engines in the sidecar bike,lol. It did not cost that much to build, a $25 Cag head, cut the cylinder, ground and filed a lip to fit the head. The Walbro HDA223 purge carb and GS460 billet manifold that I had to mod to fit, about $65 for the carb and $29 for the intake. But you could run a WT-813 Walbro, Dave's just had them onsale friday for $36.99.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.