Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from the experts here. Does anyone have part #'s or know of a slide that will fit the stock carburetor on the 110cc engines?

Thanks
Hugh

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
well they changed the newer ones to be longer than necessary, so maybe the older, shorter slides should be used

·
Registered
355 Posts
Need help from the experts here. Does anyone have part #'s or know of a slide that will fit the stock carburetor on the 110cc engines?

Thanks
Hugh
Hugh,
I have a stock X18 carb slide you can have it for the cost of shipping. Keep in mind, my slide is a extra long "governor" type slide that doesn't allow full carb venturi flow. Let me know if you want it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, looking for replacements for the long style slides. $25 for a replacement is steep for a little piece of plastic and definitely hard to recommend as a solution to our customers.

@road clam, do you think its possible to cut the long version down?

Hugh

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
ive heard other people already did cut theirs down and it worked, i think it was 1/4'' off the top of the slide

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks everyone, looking for replacements for the long style slides. $25 for a replacement is steep for a little piece of plastic and definitely hard to recommend as a solution to our customers.

@road clam, do you think its possible to cut the long version down?

Hugh
Yes shortening the slide is no problem, Hacksaw or lathe machine the extra length, and chamfer the edges and you are good to go. Hell, I'll send you the complete carb if you want. (it's a completely tamperproof carb) but you might be able to use some parts.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
they should put the little perforation marks on the slide like 'break here for more performance'

·
Registered
355 Posts
they should put the little perforation marks on the slide like 'break here for more performance'
Ha ! Too funny ! If you think about how friggin choked down these new EPA friendly engines are it's a wonder they can even accelerate in anything above 3rd gear ! :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts