Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 uber scoot 49cc 2 stroke
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference in profomance between a barrel style carb verse a butterfly valve carb? I just upgraded my stock 10mm carb to a 15mm one but stuck with the barrel style just wondering if I'm missing out not going with the butterfly style.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is there a big difference in profomance between a barrel style carb verse a butterfly valve carb? I just upgraded my stock 10mm carb to a 15mm one but stuck with the barrel style just wondering if I'm missing out not going with the butterfly style.
Which engine are we talking about? And pics?
Generally they bigger carburetor will net better performance but is also a supporting modification for future mods. Some carburetors are better designed than others for certain applications.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Generally they bigger carburetor will net better performance but is also a supporting modification for future mods. Some carburetors are better designed than others for certain applications.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
That 'barrel' or pumper carb will be fine. Make sure that its gasket matched to the intake. Otherwise there's other things you can do to bump power. But you are on a roll.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks ive just heard that the 16mm chain sae style carbs were so much better dident know if it was worth all that money tp move up one more millimeter besides its going to be my daily driver and it goes 33mph now.I think I've done just about every thing except for putting the chamber exhaust on but I kind of like how quiet my modified motorize bike muffler is. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, you could move up to a walbro style carburetor. That way you'd have high and low adjustments, better for tunability. But that carburetor you have will be just fine for now.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
The biggest issue is finding an adapter manifold to make other carburetors work with your engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found the adapters and carb but is it worth the money to switch it? It would be almost a 100 bucks when I could wait and get a pocket bike motor down the line I think it will almost bolt right up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alone putting on the walbro style carb isnt worth it unless you plan to mod the motor. If it is running well, I would leave it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did this today. Willing to spend the money it it would work better.still runs good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
By the way, nice job on your blue printing. Polish it up nicely and it will definitely help. Always remember, at least with the case half, little is better. And it looks like you did a pretty good job on the transfer ports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks first time is always nerve racking. I was afraid I went to far. Now I think my exhaust is holding it back alot. So I ordered one for a pocket bike atc style and I'll make a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts